Tri City thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon Paul

Free agent score guy
Last night was the 3rd weekly program that I've caught at TCS, and I've got to say that I was impressed with how well the track held up given the strong winds and overall high car count. Sure would be nice if they got a few more LMs each week, but with Mt. Vernon running steel blocks.... :rolleyes: Nice drive by Dondero to take 5th after looping it earlier in the main. :)

But the real props go out to J.Anderson for having the stones to take the money and start three rows back--perhaps that's the ultimate testament to how much racier the so-called "little" track at Granite has become compared to how dry it was earlier in the year.

Nice Mod feature duel between Martintoni and Springer, as well. :)

Just one question, though. How come they don't do a 50/50 drawing down there? :confused:

For the years we've been going they've never done the 50/50 thing, maybe they just don't want to deal with it although I'm sure plenty would buy a ticket. Till this season, you didn't have hardly any dust in the stands to deal with I've heard if a track is watered well & ironed in backwards moisture can be pulled up in the features.
Nonetheless, the SS feature was excighting, hope the guy in the purple #5 is OK. The Stanton orange machine was really hooked up & flyin as was the #19.
Still love those big cars.Some good driving by the heat winners also.A good show by the streetstocks.

Yeah..That feature was AWESOME! too bad we didn't have power steering..If anyones wondering, thats why he fell back,..he battled most of the race without it, but it overcame him in the end. Good night all around :)

I'd like to congratulate Steve Maisel on his feature win, that's two this weekend as I saw him win Friday night at Fredricktown Raceway. It really looks like he's got that sportsman dialed in. Good job Steve!

The racing was real good..Springer had that..till the last..i figured something happened. That was good clean racing between you 2. Late models..were cool..and fast. Id like to hear comments on the sportsmans..though. First time this year..ive went there..and..it is lotta rubbing..and crashing..not like before. No8 car..had different driver(Rick is out..suspension-2 weeks)..and that dude..was all over the place. Took and tore lotta cars up..and totally uncalled for..dont care if he is new. And im not the only one..who seen..or had an opinion..once again..when the car was finally told to get off the track..once again..clapping from the stands. Thats not racing..thats called tearing up cars..and not good for a class. Draper5 has repeatedly came here..and said..their car gets tore up..every time they go there...well..ill say it again..maybe they shouldnt..food for thought. Our car is trashed..and that was uncalled for too..someone could have been hurt..and hurt bad. No sorry..or..hey..i didnt see you..or..my car got away from me(all night???) All we heard was a smartass driver telling my dad..his equipment ****ed...and was junk. Did you guys..look at your car..when it was on the trailer..after the races?? And ours was junk?? Please..it was junk..after the whle right side got torn off..and dad took a shot on the front wall..because of that car. We dont care what ya all say on here..cause we've heard it before..just remember 1 thing..what comes around..definetly goes around. We race..for fun..and yea..dont have the best of the west..so..does that mean..we cant compete? Cause you have a gold plated ex show car that requires a body every 3 races? I guess your driver..messed up again..didnt take your advice..again..he did it..on the front straight..where everyone saw him..crap. I didnt care for your guys attitude last night..nor the drivers. And that ****s..you guys were totally in the wrong..and wont admit it..again. ive talked to the officials..and they totally agreed with everything i said..and did. Was wondering..why yur driver....didnt understand what he had done...so..hopefully they will settle that issue next week..might need driver no4. And for those that know me...i tell it like it is..dont take sides..and my opinion is the truth.

WOW, if Springer didn't have power steering :eek: ,that was one H--L of an effort! :)

Concerning the track, I wondered all winter how the 1/4-mile would hold up given that they've never regularly run the top class on it in addition to the support classes--last night it did just fine--at least through the LM feature. I can't speak for the other features as I left after the LM race.

Just wanted to say congrats to Justin Anderson on his great run!! I never get a chance to watch you race though.. you need to come back to Belleville and race instead of drivin a go-kart on friday nights.. lol
Vanessa

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh Grasshopper You Learn Fast Lol Glad To Hear It Shawn. I Guess We Have The Monkey(no Wait) Elephant Off our Backs. See Ya Friday.... :D

thanks brandon, see i have been listening lol. you have to goto tcs and race it once you will love it. cya friday

Another thought... did anyone notice we are now selling shots of Jagermeister at the beer stand?

well well who is on here whinning now racing90 the number 8 car had a driver in it that hasn't raced in along time but when he gets back in the hang of things look out. and if i can remember right have i not seen you say on here rubbin is racin .P.S. has anyone called ya yet...................... cause don't ya know someone from that crew will. Have A Nice Day and God Bless

Pebbles..i talked to Mr Draper himself Sunday..we had quite the conversation and we have agreed to let it go..after he found out more about all that hapened..and why i have said..what i said. Dont come here..stirring stuff because like i told him..thats how things get started..and were started in the first place. Rubbing is racing..driving into a car..knocking the door bars in and ripping th entire right side off is not. Officials seen it..if you need to confirm this. Like i said in my post..thats how people get hurt..and other peoples stuff gets torn up. New driver.yes..but he just needed to let off every once in awhile. When you get in a car..and see how it feels..then come on here..and tell me what its like to get pounded literally..and hit the front wall and a good amount of speed..also..seeing the firefighters..that are stand ing by the wall..scurrying..because you are heading straight for them. Not a good feeling at all.

well mr racing 90 that was my son driving that car i no for a fact that he didnt come to your pit i know what you and draper talked about it wasnt nobody from are pit either and from what i can find out from everybody ron didnt bash anybody he was in some wrecks that happend in front of him they didnt tell him to leave the track that was his call because the car was to tight and to many people out of control i think it was somebody else that was in your wreck that came to your pit nobody over here had a reason to be mad and as far as rick he has drove better this year than ever hasnt bashed anybody and still getting crap he will be back and back hate to see it though tough comp. there he he and that gold body is the one from the car show and ron is a d nm good driver he has won as many races as anybody in sportsman cleanly so i think we should get the facts straight before we tell this truth or at the least fix them if were wrong i dont get on and bash anybody and try to get along with everybody same way with wayne and rick they dont want trouble we all just want to race and race hard and have a good time every bodys welcome to come over after the races and have a good time thats what its about see you all there marty

Here we go again..sir..i talked to Draper..and last i heard..this was a done deal..explained all that happened..and why. I dont know Ron from Adam ok..told Draper this..someone came to my dad's pit area..started stuff. Ask the security..ok. Second..called my dad's stuff junk..well..ok..its not the best of the west..but..are you people the one's who decide..what is what?? Second..I never said anything about Rick..other than he's a hard driver..me and him have gotten together alot..and he's barrd for 2 weeks. As far as your son..the brake pedal on that car was working..and he should have used it..more. He not only cause our wreck..which weas a bad one..but about 3 others. Once again..ask the officials. Everything was carzy..dude coming to our pits..wasnt good..and thats that. Now..you say..you all dont want trouble..ok..well..when Rick was on the track..getting banned...cussing Johnny Johnson out..who were the 10-12 people acting like 3 yr olds..climbing the fence..yelling at Johnny too? Driver's are responsible for family..and pit crews. There were kids near there..and some got pushed out of the way..it was a mess. I put my phone number on here for Draper to call me..and amazing enough i got about 25 other officials from the stands calling me voicing there unbiased..lol..opinion. Mature..i think not. So..the point being made here is..your driver..was totally at fault..and what did we get..crap. No apology..no..hey..my car got away from me..nothing but some ignorant dude..picking a fight. And if thats the way this individual acts..then sorry..reflects on the others. Im dont with this..after i talked to Draper..but i see everyone still wants to run their mouths..and thats the problem. You had my number..and ask Draper..iaint hard to talk too.

hmmm

I had a front row seat for the whole night....and from my view...alot of guys were driving wayyyyyyyyyyyy over there heads sat night.Ive raced with and known rick for along time,(yes i know he wasnt driving last sat).The 8 had a majorrrrrrrrr push all night...in the heats..in the consi he won.With the way that car was handling last sat...he would have been better off hangin on the rear and surviving instead of lap after lap pushing a car that couldnt turn left.Or took it to the top and ran the track like a daimond,but he wasnt waiting for the car to set.

Same for SAM'S car.....wich johny finally blackflagged.

We ran the S/S feature for the last 8 laps with no power steering.....was moving to the front before it went....but when it went he had enuff common sense to pull up and stay clean and finish instead of lap after lap trying to do something with a car that wasnt going to happen last sat.

By the way......anyone interested in a top notch SS....31 is for sale.....everything goes for 6000.00....complete.

Have a nice day....i will!

P.S......before one of you 1 name wonders make a comment....i know the 8 car very very well.....my buddy is the one they bought the car from.....so we know the chassis.....AND ITS NOT KEWL REFERRING TO SOMEONE'S CAR AS JUNK....some have to build and race on a limited budget....and also have other priorities the come before new parts for a car.....as in family!

I am really sad to hear that Dave is selling the car. Dave has always been a good, clean racer and one of the nicest guys you ever want to meet. I for one will really miss him and I will be at the track Saturday night. Please tell Jodie that I would love to see her Saturday. It will be my last chance to say goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back