Tri-City????

racingfreak67

Racing Freak
:confused: I just want to know why TCS told Marty Kopp after his heat that he wouldnt be able to race in the feature because he didnt have a drivers side net on his car??? I dont understand because he has not had one ALL year. You can look at any pic from this year and there is not one. Thanks to SMOKEY for loaning him one for tonight!!!
Also, someone please correct me if im wrong, in the Street Stock feature Tommy Gegg was leading and went over the top and dropped down to 6th place, without causing a yield. In the same lap another car spun out and brought out the yellow. Now normally wouldnt Tommy have got his spot back in front, because they go back to last lap completed. I am sure if I am wrong someone will let me know, and thats fine, cause i would really like someone to explain this to me.:(

yes again i was screwed and i should have got my spot back but i knew that if anythoing was to happen like that i would get the **** end of it cause of my PAST problems at the track

In the SS feature I think they ruled that more than half the cars passed the Start/Finish line. Meaning that was a completed lap, the last completed lap.

The rule at Tri City is that once the leader crosses the line, the lap is official. When the caution comes out, all cars that have not yet crossed the line are scored according to where they were running on the the previously scored lap.

It certainly gets complicated like that. I kinda favored the "you come to a halt on the track, you get sent to the back, no questions asked" rule. I mean, that is hard on guys when they cant avoid the wreck, but it also tends to focus your attention. I spun myself out in 4 tonight, and I absolutely got focused after that, cause I knew that if I lost the car again, I was out for the night. So, maybe I didnt push it 10/10ths all the way, but I made sure I finished and stayed out of trouble. Of course, as with all of these issues, there are many different ways to see it. All in all, it was a pretty hectic night in the scoring booth at TCS during the SS feature. Whole lotta stuff to keep track of.

Hey BIG TOM your time is coming. You have proven to all of us that you are a good clean driver. You just keep getting screwed and your car has had some issues too. Good Luck for the rest of the season. We all will be there for your 1st Feature win!!!

Yes..Doug is correct..but that was a close call to make too. Tom..you are getting better..and will get better as you go. Keep cool..keep racing hard..and those black and white checkers will follow. Todd..fess up man..it was that nitros kicking in that spun you out..lol..car looked better..ran great..smoked alittle. Keep plugging..getting closer.

racingfreak67 said:
Hey BIG TOM your time is coming. You have proven to all of us that you are a good clean driver. You just keep getting screwed and your car has had some issues too. Good Luck for the rest of the season. We all will be there for your 1st Feature win!!!

NO ONE IS GETTING SCREWED!!!!! If all the complainers would take the time to sit in the tower and observe what really happens, they would have a whole new perspective on how things really work.

And I agree, Tom's time is coming. He's too talented to go much longer without a win.

Im sorry, Doug, but i was not just referring to just last night, when i said that he keeps getting screwed!! And i also didnt mean just by officials, or calls. He has had a year of nothing but bad luck. But like you said his time is coming!!!!

There was alot of crazy things going on at TCS last night. But, a couple of things that reallly caught my attention was in the sportsman feature when the three cars spun in turns one and two And collected the leader. The leader would not have been in the wreck of Hoot would have been paying attention. The cars spun as the lead cars where on the backstretch. Hoot didnt throw the flag until the lead cars where on the front stretch coming out of turn four. Im not meaning to dog Hoot in anyway. I like him but he needs to pay more attention. Someone is gonna get seriously hurt.
Steve Maisel is an excellent racer and a great guy. Congrats Steve. But, Im sorry Hoot caused Don Grimm #11 his first feature win. Noone could touch him he flat out run Steve and Bert.
Second How many times is Tom Krankel gonna run over someone for the win and keep coming up with excuses for doing it. " Well I went under Dick and slid up into him. If i was on top I would have lifted , I dont know what happened " Come officials open your eyes. He does it every week. He pushes his way to the front. Dick Taylor was the true winner last night........

I agree, Krankel is about as dirty as they come. He cannot pass anyone clean.Taylor had the lead and Krankel dropped low to pass and slip up to run him off the track. Why in the he!! should taylor have lifted? He was the leader and Krankel knew he was there. It's a shame a guy like that is going to win the championship.

I agree with you about the LM feature. Krankel took him out. No if ands or buts about it. He is always taking someone out. Taylor should have won that feature.
Good Race Taylor!!!!

Yea..Taylor is the man..and should have gotten the win. He could have..caused a BIG wreck..if he had stayed in the gas. True good driver. Grimm..man...you were flying. That was a bad deal..ont know if Hoot didnt see the cars..or..noone radioed..who knows. Like Steve Meyer Jr sat in turn 4 last week against the tires..for 2 green laps!! Wow..i bet he needed a new suit this week. Track was bit weird..lotta moisture..greasy..but fast. Good show . Congrats to all classes.

Maverick! said:
Second How many times is Tom Krankel gonna run over someone for the win and keep coming up with excuses for doing it.

Wow!! Glad to know there are others out there who see this besides me!
and yes... it is a shame that one of the dirtiest players is going to get rewarded, for being "the best"(i.e. the championship, not by the track), because he plays dirty!!
Don't get me wrong, I love going to Tri-City!! I just hate having to see these great guys go out there week after week to compete only for second place. Was almost the same things a few years ago with Bert CheatUm

The 92 running Dick off the track was crap. However, these guys are not running for second. Justin Anderson has put it on him a few times this year, even when the 92 tried to take him out, he still drove off and left him. Anderson has also made him look silly in more than a few heat races. Kloos beat him 3 or 4 times, Taylor 2, and Terry James 1. Just remember, he will get his one day.

Back