Trucks should race trucks!

Racerrod

racerrod
To agree with Debbie Cummins and elaborate somewhat, why are the small pickups allowed to run in the Pure Stock class at Belleclair Speedway? Aren't the trucks using the same engines and I know they are much lighter than a full body car. Does anyone know if Allied is going to let this continue? I think the trucks should race trucks and cars race cars. Just my opinion and wanted to hear some more thoughts from others who know more about it?

RacerRod

There is a minimum weight rule in the class. Every pickup I've ever seen weighs more than a car. I'd think they would be at a disadvantage, it would be hard to get the rear percentages high enough.

Not to mention..they have a higher body height...roll alot different..and thus little disadvantaged there.

yes alot of our minstock chevy S-10 (4cycl class) after guting truck bed and every thing... the litest was 2600# the heavest 2800 add a v-8 and the cast iron 3 speeds and you should hit the 3000# easy.

SMURFBLUE3 said:
yes alot of our minstock chevy S-10 (4cycl class) after guting truck bed and every thing... the litest was 2600# the heavest 2800 add a v-8 and the cast iron 3 speeds and you should hit the 3000# easy.

Smurf...Mine weighed 2300lbs without driver and about 2525 to 2550 with driver depending on the mud. hehe And I think Marty's is about the same. But that's with everything gutted and just the outside bed skin.

Wheel21 said:
Smurf...Mine weighed 2300lbs without driver and about 2525 to 2550 with driver depending on the mud. hehe And I think Marty's is about the same. But that's with everything gutted and just the outside bed skin.
yeah but your aluminum body weigh less.. :eek: :eek:

I race the 23 truck in Belleville, My truck wieghts 3250lbs and I run stock leaf springs .If anyone can tell me an advantage let me know.

SMURFBLUE3 said:
yeah but your aluminum body weigh less.. :eek: :eek:

You goof...i don't have an aluminum body...it's stock sheet metal.

And tnie you've seen my truck once...it handles pretty darn good if you ask me. hehe but you do have to get them light so you can put the weight where you need it just like any other stock car or truck

Purestock-S10 said:
I race the 23 truck in Belleville, My truck wieghts 3250lbs and I run stock leaf springs .If anyone can tell me an advantage let me know.
not many but some of these Mini stocks can give you some secret info on handleing and stuff....

OH I forgot wheel.... not the body aluminum it's the alumin rods and 3.0 crank :eek: :eek: :eek:

3.0 crank doesn't fit into a S-10 2.5 151...hehe And you know me...I'm a poor boy trying to race...Aluminum rods....LOL yeah right...you seen my truck run?

Quit trying to make excuses why my chevy is and has beat your ford. LOL

I can't wait to get back and trade some paint with you.

Back