Trying to figure out whose LM this is?

Jamie Hall

I'm uploading several dozen photos this week from the UMP late model class at the old track in Caruthersville, Mo., but I have one I can't ID -- is this Dave Jumper? I know it was taken between 1991 and '93, and several drivers from the St. Louis area popped in there from time to time.

normal_no2-1992.jpg

I would say its Dave Jumper. #2, Grenade engine sponsor on the front, Impressive Race Cars on the side which is his brother Donnie's Chassis shop. Just a guess though. Someone on here will know for sure.

You are correct--it is Dave Jumper.

Thanks for the help -- I'm getting his photo added to our site today, along with a bunch of others from the St. Louis area who made trips to Caruthersville back in the early 90s (Dixon, Hammerle, Voigt, Unterbink, Gansmann and others). It's interesting to see who used to made those long drives for racing on Sunday nights.

Thanks for the help -- I'm getting his photo added to our site today, along with a bunch of others from the St. Louis area who made trips to Caruthersville back in the early 90s (Dixon, Hammerle, Voigt, Unterbink, Gansmann and others). It's interesting to see who used to made those long drives for racing on Sunday nights.

Are going to post these whenever you get them uploaded? I would like to see them.

Are going to post these whenever you get them uploaded? I would like to see them.

I got them posted on SemoSportsWeb.com (go to the home page, then click the "photos" link and scroll down). There's also a page that lists all the past results from all the SEMO area tracks (look for the "motorsports" link on the home page).

I've got a lot more photos from Caruthersville, Farmington and Benton from back in the '90s to get posted -- just gotta get them all scanned in first.

C-ville was always a fun track -- late in the year it was the only one running UMP late models on Sundays, so it was always interesting to see who would show up. C-ville hosted the final UMP points races of the year in '91, '92 and '93, so anybody who wanted national points often popped in late in the year.

Here's one of Ed Dixon and Barry Bell in '93 at Caruthersville -- gives you an idea of how narrow the track was.

normal_dixon-bell-1993.jpg

Back