Tubular lower A-Frames for UMP Modifieds???

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Bob Pierce Race Cars is displaying their new tubular lower A-Frames at their open house this Sunday. They said they will be UMP Modified legal on June 1st.

Interesting, I know I hear modified drivers talking about how hard the original lower A-frames are to find.

Sounds like Pierce stands to make a little more money in the near future! Funny you should bring this up. I was just reading some things about suspensions just before seeing this post. Trying to learn as much as I can so that one day when I have money I can try this racing thing for myself.

BTW, if there is anyone who needs an extra hand turning wrenches on their car and wouldn't mind guiding a "rookie pit-boy" around for a while, I'd sure appreciate the opportunity to learn and help!

Might take you up on that one! Only thing is that every time I've met your dad he seemed a little.....well.....lets just say he was intimidating! LOL! As long as he wouldn't mind me being around I'd love to hang out with you guys. Plus we could hunt down this character that hit your cousin!!!!! LOL!

qwaynick said:
Might take you up on that one! Only thing is that every time I've met your dad he seemed a little.....well.....lets just say he was intimidating! LOL! As long as he wouldn't mind me being around I'd love to hang out with you guys. Plus we could hunt down this character that hit your cousin!!!!! LOL!

Ah! He fights like a little girl! Don't worry bout him! lol.. Like I said Q, You're more than welcome to come help, or just hang out if you want!

Little dude got what he deserved for running his mouth and he is so stupid that he totally pointed out the wrong person in the stand...and by the way he was warned and turned around and was running his mouth and HE WAS NOT S***ER PUNCHED he was looked straight in the eyes when he was hit!!!

RACE FAN 22 MOB said:
Little dude got what he deserved for running his mouth and he is so stupid that he totally pointed out the wrong person in the stand...and by the way he was warned and turned around and was running his mouth and HE WAS NOT S***ER PUNCHED he was looked straight in the eyes when he was hit!!!

I believe you made a wrong turn somewhere. You're in the wrong thread or something. We weren't talking about actually hitting people in this thread, that's the other threads where they were talking about Melvin, Voigt, Heck, and Korte. This is the thread where we started talking about A-Arms and then I inovertedly switched the conversation to me helping Springer pit. So if you wouldn't mind moving your conversation back to the head thumpers thread and let us continue to trash JimmyD's original thread about A-Arms I'd be most appreciative! LOL!

BTW, I'm just messin' with you RACE FAN 22! ;)

Lower Control Arms

In an effort to assist U.M.P. Modified teams, United Midwestern Promoters is developing a sticker program to allow newly manufactured lower control arms in addition to stock pieces since stock parts are increasingly difficult for teams to locate. All modified chassis builders and a variety of other vendors will have an opportunity to join the program to manufacture these parts, which are contractually outlined by U.M.P. specifications and rules to ensure quality control and uniformity. Each approved part will receive a compliance sticker that U.M.P. tech officials will recognize during the inspection process. We hope to enact this program on July 1, 2004, but we may experience a delay due to paperwork and getting the system finalized. Bob Pierce Race Cars will have samples of their lower control arms on display at an open house this week but they are not yet available for sale. An official description of the program and a list of approved vendors will be available in the U.M.P. newsletter prior to the program’s implementation. If there are any immediate questions regarding this new program, please contact Craig Cowan at (812) 479-8760.

Once again UMP changing rules in middle of season. Dont have a problem with change, change can be good. But should be made in off season and a little more notice time. Whats next QUICK CHANGE REARENDS, Aluminim Blocks, so much for the ECONOMICAL, COMPETITIVE, class we once had. :mad:

Back