Tuesday July 27, Madison County Fair Association’s 2010 UMP Challenge of Champions

jjnil

Tuesday July 27, Madison County Fair Association’s 2010 UMP Challenge of Champions. Super Late Models $3000 to win. The UMP Modifieds $700.00 to win. Scott Wernle Memorial Extreme Sportsmen $1000.00 to win. Factory Stocks $200.00 to win.

The Grandstand opens at 5:00 P.M. Races at 6:00; Pit Gates open at 2:00; Pill Draw ends at 5:45. Pit Passes are $35.00, General Admission is $20, Children (7-12) $10.00, under 7 free with paid adult admission and Box Seats are $25.00.

Only Saturday night races are points nights for the Highland Speedway. The fair book says ages 7-12 are $10 for general admission in the grandstands. I looked on the website and saw 7-12 also. Thanks, Sue Z

Any traveling teams have this event on their schedule, add them with our regulars and we could have a very good show in the late models. the modifieds will be good anyway they always are.

The person who updates the website did not update the arena events page with the correct ages. I called yesterday when I realized where the ages were wrong. It should be corrected today. I'm sorry for the confusion and the fairbook had the correct ages of 7-12 years. Thanks, Sue Z

Past winners for the Late Models show drivers come from other areas to race this race. Kevin Weaver has been here most years and has won, Shannon Babb has won three of the last 10 years, Rodney Melvin, Jason Feger, and Kevin Cole have been in the top five.

It will be a good show and has gone green a few times.

Bruce is in Highland right now. He said it rained hard earlier for about 20 minutes but is only barely dripping right now at 12:12 p.m.

May be close to an inch. I live 1/2 mi from the track. Over an hour of rain total with a 15 min monsoon. Hopefully all will work out.

you never know what you will get at highland... the race Babb set the record, the track was wicked fast... but they have never been that fast since, then some races in qualifying they wont even get within a second of the record

I remember that - big burm up top - Shannon rimmed it around. It is a very fast time for a paperclip shaped track. I do have to say this about the track and the preparation, of all the years I have attended this facility, Scott gets an A in my book for effort. It is always not going to work out, but it appears he works at improving it each and every time. That was a heck of a S Nat race back in June. Keep it up, Scott!!

Back