Twin-Cam cars allowed at I-55 this weekend 7-25

http://www.i55raceway.com/

Looks like it's official.

Here we go with the "there is/isn't an advantage from a twin cam" debate.

Allied allowed twin cams at the Belleville race the other night, plus the Belleville Tuesday night special in August, and now this Saturday...is this a sign of things to come for next year? It would be nice to know as far in advance as possible if so.

If wackymac says it its probably true. As for the dual cams at Belleville. I wouldn't be scared of them at all there. Track is too small for it to matter much. Speed wise my car wasn't really a whole lot off the pace, handling wise mine was horrible though.... I would expect any 4 cyl. race at Belleville to be open comp.
Pevely would be a different story as they'll be able to get up to speed. Guess everyone will see how they fare against one of the fastest cars around if shaw shows up. I really wouldn't expect them to open up the rules full time though.

Thanks for the reply! As for the debate, The 23 car from I-55 has dominated the twin-cam cars all year.

http://www.i55raceway.com/

Looks like it's official.

Here we go with the "there is/isn't an advantage from a twin cam" debate.

Allied allowed twin cams at the Belleville race the other night, plus the Belleville Tuesday night special in August, and now this Saturday...is this a sign of things to come for next year? It would be nice to know as far in advance as possible if so.

Would you all be up to allowing the mini stocks from Doe Run Raceway to run with you all Sat. night the 25 with if we put on the the street tires. We have run with some of you this year at Doe Run, Farmington and Fredricktown.

Keith Buckley

I believe Don Hoener said the belleville shows are pretty much open comp you just have to have street tires and no weight jacks. If you don't have weight jacks you would probably be able to come up. Just contact one of the officials and they'll tell ya for sure.

No Worries!!!!!!!!!!

If wackymac says it its probably true. As for the dual cams at Belleville. I wouldn't be scared of them at all there. Track is too small for it to matter much. Speed wise my car wasn't really a whole lot off the pace, handling wise mine was horrible though.... I would expect any 4 cyl. race at Belleville to be open comp.
Pevely would be a different story as they'll be able to get up to speed. Guess everyone will see how they fare against one of the fastest cars around if shaw shows up. I really wouldn't expect them to open up the rules full time though.
Hey crash just to let you know the shaw cars should be the least of your worries. Robs only won maybe 2 races this year and hasn't done anything all season. The couple of cars you should be concerned about are the 99 of Zbinden and 23 of fisher. Mon night rob did the back stroke in the feature at highland for the fair race. All in all its gonna be alot of fun since I-55 is so big. Good Luck to all.

Minis

Would you all be up to allowing the mini stocks from Doe Run Raceway to run with you all Sat. night the 25 with if we put on the the street tires. We have run with some of you this year at Doe Run, Farmington and Fredricktown.

Keith Buckley

Would be a good show. The Pro4s are just as fast as minis so I would see no reason why not. May draw a few of the MCS boys as well.

You need a muffler to run I55 though

I was expecting Zbinden to goto Macon for that bonus money and to shut Joe Reed up again. Fish man is still suspended from I-55 I do believe.

Their 4 weeks suspension isn't over yet????

If they do let the mini's run it will help the show. It would be nice for you guys to have some new competition to compete against. Maybe even get some semi's going on. Good luck to all.

Their 4 weeks suspension isn't over yet????

If they do let the mini's run it will help the show. It would be nice for you guys to have some new competition to compete against. Maybe even get some semi's going on. Good luck to all.

"no fish in the bowl"

R.W.F., thanks for pointing that out!:cool:

Hey crash just to let you know the shaw cars should be the least of your worries. Robs only won maybe 2 races this year and hasn't done anything all season. The couple of cars you should be concerned about are the 99 of Zbinden and 23 of fisher. Mon night rob did the back stroke in the feature at highland for the fair race. All in all its gonna be alot of fun since I-55 is so big. Good Luck to all.

the 49 and 31 are planning on going back. not sure if todd will be in the 31 or not they have had a different driver in it last couple of outtings. and as for the mini stocks running if they are anything like malden's mini stocks they will not have a chance from what i seen the 49 and the 31 with a rookie driver both beat the malden mini stocks week be for last by a good margin.

Am I wrong or is a Mini Stock nothing more than a Pro 4/ Hornet with dirt tires? I just think a big car count would help the class out. It is always nice to new cars show up to race. Give the fans someone new to look at.

It depends on the track. At some tracks, mini stocks can have up to 500 cfm Holley carbs, aftermarket intakes, roller rockers, racing shocks, ported and polished heads, oversized valves, weight jacks, etc. At some tracks, mini stocks must be pretty close to stock.

Ministock racing

It depends on the track. At some tracks, mini stocks can have up to 500 cfm Holley carbs, aftermarket intakes, roller rockers, racing shocks, ported and polished heads, oversized valves, weight jacks, etc. At some tracks, mini stocks must be pretty close to stock.
Tray you hit the nail on the head. Some tracks like mcs you could port & polish heads, solid post cam, & a 500 cfm holly. stock crank & rods & any size tire up to 8inchs wide. Doe Run you can not port& polish. Both tracks after market intakes& exust.

Back