Tyler Erb Finishes Third in Dirt Track World Championship

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Tyler Erb Finishes Third in Dirt Track World Championship
Claims LOLMDS Rookie of the Year Title

St. Marys, Ohio (10/21/19) – Tyler Erb put a wrap on the 2019 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) campaign over the weekend with a trip to Ohio's Portsmouth Raceway Park for the 39th Annual Dirt Track World Championship.

It proved to be a great weekend for the driver of the Industrial Resourcing Group No. 1 Best Performance Motorsports/ XR1 Rocket Chassis/ Durham Racing Engine Super Late Model.

With 64 competitors entered, Tyler backed up a solid-qualifying effort on Friday evening with a second-place finish in his heat race. Via accumulated points he locked into the ninth-starting spot for Saturday night's $100,000-to-win feature.

In the 100-lap, crown jewel finale, Erb clawed his way to a third-place finish behind Brandon Sheppard and Mike Marlar.

Erb claimed the 2019 Eibach Rookie of the Year by entering the weekend's event and ended the year with six series wins.

"I was a little behind where I wanted to be early in the race, because I started ninth. Those other guys put themselves in a better starting position. I am very happy with the finish tonight and this year. I broke Randall's [crew chief Randall Edwards] streak of three wins in a row tonight, but it has been an awesome year for us at Best Performance," Erb said. "To come out of this season with the Rookie-of-the-Year Championship is fantastic, and I can't wait for our team to build on that next year.

"I definitely want to thank Best Performance Motorsports, our sponsors, our fans and family for giving us great support the entire year."

Tyler finished fourth in the final LOLMDS standings. For full results from the event as well as the final series' standings, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

The team now turns their attention to a trip down South as they look to invade Whynot Motorsports Park (Whynot, Mississippi) this weekend for the 25th annual Coors Light Fall Classic. Action opens on Friday night with twin $2,500-to-win features, while Saturday night’s program will be headlined by a $15,000-to-win finale.

For more information on the event, please visit www.WhynotMotorsportsPark.com .

Also, please make sure to visit www.BestPerformanceMotorsports.com to pick up the latest team merchandise.

Best Performance Motorsports would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include New Point Lighting & Design, Inc., Roberts Bee Company, Bulk Material Lift, Franklin Enterprises, Boxo USA, Industrial Resourcing Group, Bazell Race Fuels, Sunoco, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Shocks, Hoosier Tire, Valvoline, Corey Frazer State Farm, Industrial Hydro Excavating, Beyea Headers, Day Motorsports, Champion Brands, Doyle Edwards Trucking, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Wiles Drive Shafts, Simpson Race Products, Weld Racing, Performance Rod & Custom, Peterson Fluid Systems, Barnes Systems Inc., Powers Performance, Butlerbuilt, Impact Race Gear, Heath Lawson Photography, Swift Springs, Walker Performance Filtration, ASI Racewear, Fragola Performance Systems, Dirt Defender, Outerwears, Strange Engineering, Performance Race Engineering, Five Star Race Car Bodies Rocket Chassis, R&R Design and MSR Mafia Marketing & PR Services.

For the latest information on Best Performance Motorsports please visit the team website at www.BestPerformanceMotorsports.com and www.TylerErb.com as well as their social media channels at www.facebook.com/bestperformancemotorsports/, www.twitter.com/BPMotorsports1 and www.instagram.com/bestperformancemotorsports .

Ben Shelton, Owner

MSR Mafia Marketing Services – www.MSRmafia.com

Midsouth Racing Scene – www.MidSouthRacing.com

Back