Tyler Stevens Tops 67 Speedway Late Model Competition

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member

Adds Runner-Up Finish at Ark-La-Tex Speedway

Searcy, Arkansas (06/28/21) –Tyler Stevens notched his seventh victory of the 2021 season over the weekend in his W&W Timber No. 2 Stallion Transportation Group / XR1 Rocket Chassis Crate Late Model.

Stevens latest victory came on Friday night at 67 Speedway and was worth $1,500.

“We had a great night at 67 Speedway. The folks there have done a great job with the place, and the Grand Opening event was a blast. On Saturday night we had a good car at Ark-La-Tex (Speedway), and that’s one of my favorite places. They’ve had a lot of rain down there over the past month though, and it got pretty rough, which isn’t my cup of tea. We still managed a second-place finish behind Jon Mitchell, who was the man to the beat,” Stevens said. “A very special thanks goes out to my dad Larry for helping me this weekend as we endured the hot and humid weather.

“We will be taking a few weeks off to go through everything and spend some time with family. Thanks so much to everyone, who supports our program.”

On a hot summer weekend Tyler Stevens and TLP Motorsports returned to action with a doubleheader in Arkansas and Louisiana. Action kicked off on Friday night at Texarkana’s 67 Speedway, where thirteen Crate Late Model entries were on hand for battle in the $1,500-to-win program.

Tyler swept the program with a heat race win from the fourth-starting spot and then a commanding feature performance from the pole position. The victory was his seventh of the 2021 season and came over Jon Mitchell, Robbie Starnes, Jamie Burford, and Brandon Ball.

On Saturday night the team slid south to Ark-La-Tex Speedway (Vivian, La.) for another Crate Late Model event. For the second-straight night Tyler won his heat race from the fourth-starting spot. Via his prelim performance, he started second in the feature. Stevens battled rough track conditions throughout the feature before crossing the finish line in the second position behind Jon Mitchell.

The team is currently working on their upcoming race schedule, and once it’s finalized it will be posted on the team’s website at www.TylerStevensRacing.com .

TLP Motorsports would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include Stallion Transportation Group, W&W Timber, MoBag'$ Suspension Technology, Razor Edge Graphics, Dave Leech Construction, Swift Springs, Integra Shocks, TruForm Race Products, Performance Friction Brakes, KR Performance Fuels LLC, Jay Dickens Racing Engines, Rocket Chassis, Joe’s Racing Products, Shell Shock, The Joie of Seating, KR Performance Fuels LLC, Velocita USA, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest information on TLP Motorsports and Tyler Stevens, please visit www.TylerStevensRacing.com .

Ben Shelton, Owner

MSR Mafia Marketing Services – www.MSRmafia.com

Midsouth Racing Scene – www.MidSouthRacing.com

Back