Ulma ?

latemodel63

Does anybody think that the ULMA type of latemodel could help the latemodel racing on this side of the state? It has totally revived the latemodel racing on the western side of the state of Missouri !!

http://ulmaracing.com/

GO ULMA !!!
progress.gif

As a former Late Model Driver,I think it well start out great,"But" The engine deal will get out of hand . Steel heads ,right? You still can put a lot off money in them,everyone knows that.Theres guy running 420-430, A 360 cu. inch deal is the way to go,OR a GEAR RULE, thats the only way to keep the cost down. Ive allways been in favor of a engine claim rule, But it needs to be that no one can say no when claimed,You sign a contract at the begining of the year, And the track stands behind it! $2500.00 or so, Because if you would out run my *** every night I would buy it. Also maybe a MSD 6200 chip that would be good. Tracks will have to controll this class or it will be out off controll Just Like the CRATE LATE MODELS AREEEEEEEEE.

Fredricktown

We're trying to get Fredricktown to run ULMA sanctioned Late Models. I for one, think that it would be great after witnessing the success they've had on the West side of the state. There are those of us out there that can't afford to run a UMP super Late Model, and do NOT want a crate motor of any kind. This affords us the opportunity to run a Late Model with a Modified motor, if you will. How many of you racers out there would run a Late Model at Fredricktown if they got ULMA sanctioning?

ULMA steel head rule is 23 degree Chevy, 20 Degree Ford, 18 Degree Mopar. Sure you can put a lot of money in heads. the 430 CI works good on a heavy track, but frankly, most of the racing season the track is always dry slick by feature time so lesser CID can be just as competitive. We are going to twist the eingine at 7200 to 7500 regardless and that does mean having a good bottom end. ULMA engines are no slouches but 100 to 150 hp less than a super late model. Difference is only 20 grand or so.

Racing only gets out of hand because promoters keep changing the rules every year or tracks want to have their own rules so as to lock in their favorite local guys. Having the opportunity to run the local home track for points, as well as racing for a bigger picture sanctioned regional point fund is the best of both worlds. You don't have to travel to have your 15 best races count towards the association point fund. But if you want, you can travel a few times to other tracks and know you can have the same shot at qualifying as the rest of the drivers. And then after 15 races you can discard the worse finishes in favor of better places.

Regardless of what kind of racing people do, it still costs a lot of money and there is always someone going to spend more. On the other hand, running with a touring/local series can attract better sponsors to finance the team. Try to get good sponsorship for the local track and we usually get the value of sponsorship the local business place in the track and promoter. Open up the marketing opportunity and hook up with ULMA.
All ULMA drivers are top notch drivers who just want to have fun and compete with the best the State has to offer at diferent venues. The racing is what it is.

Fredricktown may be the next to go ULMA

Fredricktown may be the next track to run under the ULMA banner. They're looking at it pretty hard as an alternative to the crate classes. I hope it goes through as I look forward to running the rock. GO ULMA!!

If they do, I'll come and mostly likely can get a couple of others to pull down and play in the dirt with you:), we love to go and try out new tracks and if we can run for ULMA points we'll drop in;)

That's great Plum............

We would love to have you guys come down. It'll make for a better show, the more the merrier. I've gotten word back from several that would like to run the Rock. I just hope the management feels the same way. We'll see, but it looks promising. Have a great off-season all.

why do you care?

Our cars aren't Supers, and ULMA allows crates to run with them, aluminum heads and all, so this is the correct place for us to compare apples to apples. Besides, why do you care? If the post doesn't apply to you, then just skip over it. Not trying to be nasty, there are enough people doing that already. Just trying to make a point. I wish you, and the rest of the people on here the best of holidays, and a very happy New Year.

ulma

god i would hope i dont wanna run a crate here on the st louis side just trying to sell it is going to be a tough go here at mont speed way and fulton these owners seem to wanna work against each other but both are good in there own way i guess

Back