UMP Announces New Hire

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
United Midwestern Promoters, the premier weekly dirt sanctioning body here in the Midwest is proud to announce the addition of Craig Cowan to its management team. UMP is looking forward to a very exciting and successful 2004 season with the best tracks and drivers in the nation.

Mr. Cowan formerly worked for Hoosier Tire for the last 20 years and brings a wealth of experience to the sanctioning body. Craig Cowan will take over the reigns effective immediately and will work closely with Bob Memmer and the new owners of the 20 year old organization. “Craig has many fresh ideas and a lot of energy, I think with his enthusiasm and industry knowledge UMP will be in excellent hands”says Bob Sargent. “With Craig’s knowledge, Bob Memmers support and the new ownerships broad background UMP will continue to grow and be very healthy”says Ken Schrader.

UMP sanctions weekly racing in the super Dirt Late Model division and the Modified division. The 2003 champions were Rodney Melvin in the Late Model division and Ricky Arms in the Modified division.

For more information regarding rules, sanctions, dates or general information please contact Craig Cowan at the UMP office at 812-479-8760 or visit our website at www.umpracing.com.

Hopefully this means UMP will finally get their act together!!! Revamp the entire way points are awarded. In all fairness every track awarding UMP points must be done the same, i.e. if one track times-in cars...all must do the same. If they pill draw...they all must pill draw, or if passing points are awarded...they all must do it. This way when the UMP national champion is crowned…he is truly the champ (not the guy that timed fast and started in the front on dry slick tracks). The next issue that must be addresses is all tracks can’t award the same point value for feature wins. If you race at a track that has thirty cars in the show the point value should be more for the feature win with 10 cars in the show. This is the only true way you can honestly call the UMP champion the champ--is to have a fair and level playing field for all!!!

My thoughts

Dave

That will never happen...They will not give one track more points for having more cars. You are only going to hurt the tracks with smaller car counts even more.

Back