UMP Challenge Series unofficial Top 2 from Mt. Vernon......

Bear

This is unofficial from a friend at Mt. Vernon Raceway, via Cell Phone....

1. Frankie Martin (won Dash, started on pole, and I believe had fast time)

2. Kevin Weaver (won the first heat..... started 7th in feature, fell back to 9th at one time, and ran out of laps reeling Martin in at the end)

That's all I have for now.....

Just an update....... talked to Kevin Weaver via the phone.

He said the track at Mt. Vernon was extremely rough, due to 2.5 inches of rain yesterday.

For Kevin's fans and other interested race fans....... Kevin said he hit a big rut on the first lap of the feature, causing the floorboard to cave in and upward........ and he had a very hard time using the throttle to it's fullest extent, and braking properly, as the pedals were hitting the raised up floor panels throughout the race...

melvin

started outside front row. Ran a good 2nd had many restart's and never could jump fast frankie.. after around 10 laps give or take he pulled up.. they pushed him off. not for sure what happened and did not hear.
Good racing behind the 25 car, several fighting for position with weaver moving up all along.. 78 zobrist was smoking bad , also dropped out after so many caution's. He did not smoke so bad running..
I left after the late model's... Randy :)

Thanks alot man! I wish I would have went now! I am glad Frankie held them all off. He hasn't had alot of luck at Mt. Vernon!

Back