UMP DIRTcar Limited Modified Rule Note for UMP DIRTcar Roundup at I-55 Raceway!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
UMP DIRTcar Limited Modified Rule Adjustment for the 2009 UMP DIRTcar Roundup

Bert & Brinn type transmissions will be allowed for this event.

?????

Is this Going to be changed for the UMP Limited Mod Rules for next Year?????? I thought this was a LOW BUDGET Class, I guess not... Why even have this class?????

I can't believe UMP is giving so much on all the rules.... Sorry But I guess We wont be at this Event either.....

I thought UMP went by rules... I guess they are just like anyone else and changed them when ever they want..... SAD...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

UMP has allowed Berts & Brinns all season at the tracks sanctioned in Kentucky. Therefore they are allowing them at the Roundup.

Do you know anything?????

Kentucky Rules.....Minimum weight of car with driver at all times including after the
race is 2,400 (two-thousand four-hundred) pounds ....

One 2 (two) or 4 (four) barrel carburetor is allowed. Must be
naturally aspirated. And no Bigger Than 750 CFM 1 11/16 Base Plate Rule.
1 inch spacer allowed......

GM 602 Crate Engine ONLY with Factory Dist.

. TIRES & WHEELS

8x15 inch steel wheels only, (no wide five wheels) May run bead lock.

No sipping, or grooving of tires. May run any DOT P235-60, P255-60 or P275-60
series tires only (No Hoosiers, McCrearys or any other made for racing tires).

So since you are allowing the Bert and Brinn Transmisions...... Shouldnt they have to have Crate Motors and Radial Tires????????

So i guess the RULES can be changed at anytime.... OUR CAR was built by UMP RULES..... and we were NOT ALLOWED to run Berts or Brinns.... So WHEN did this RULE CHANGE?????

So I guess the rules that say you can run berts or brins and have to have 602crate motors and radial tires, doesn't apply??????

IT IS JUST HOW I POSTED IT! BERTS and BRINNS ALLOWED IN ANY UMP DIRTcar LIMITED MODIFIED AT THE ROUNDUP!

I will also get clarification today. I believe I was told quick changes are legal as well!

IT IS JUST HOW I POSTED IT! BERTS and BRINNS ALLOWED IN ANY UMP DIRTcar LIMITED MODIFIED AT THE ROUNDUP!

I will also get clarification today. I believe I was told quick changes are legal as well!

WOW! Touchy.

I understand that it is just how you posted it. I wasn't trying to say that you were mistaken. I was just making a point that in every region on UMP's site, it has the same rule saying that bert/brinn type transmissions will NOT be permitted. If you can't go to the site and actually trust that the rules that are posted are accurate, then what's the point in putting the rules on the site at all. Just let the tracks set their own rules, I'm sure it'll be very beneficial for the class.:rolleyes: Honestly, I don't care one way or the other, I don't have a dog in the fight but this crap has come up alot lately. You can run "this" here but not there. They can do "that" there but we can't here. It's pretty apparent that the rules on the site are useless.

If I rubbed ya the wrong way, I apologise. Just trying to make a point I guess. I thought that was the point of this message board. DISCUSSION.

tire question????

can i run D-compound tires on the front??? i was wondering cause thats all ive got. thanks in advance. Nathan Gibson

They should!!!!

They should let them.... Why not???? They also need to allow 4 barrels... The Kentucy car, I believe or allowed to run 2 or 4 barrel carbs... Why LIMIT it to just 2 barrels?????

how about

at the track in my backyard i am allowed a 4 barrel and 3 laps head start,surley THE BIG OLE ROUNDUP will allow this aswell-i am so ready to dump UMP like they have us

rules

Let them run the Bert or Brinns and the four barrel we will Be there.
Let me know about the 4 barrel we won't have to change ours then.
paul

I have a question. If the BMods get to run berts/brinns can a street stock run a holley500?

Here we go again.......

Guys I completely understand not wanting berts in to keep the class pure. Theres alot of rules that are way past keeping the class pure, and affordable.

Your not going to get beat by someones transmition.... Let me phrase this in a way you guys might understand, your not going to take a mid pack car, change the transmition and suddenly its fast, Its not going to happen. And a GOOD pro mod isnt going to change the carb and take out a roller cam to run for less money. Yes a race transmition is worth something or they wouldnt be made, but there not going to make some big astonomical difference.

Now, the 4 barrel thing,, theres an issue, are they going to run "home track rules"? or is this just going to be a big colaberation of every B mod rule everywhere? There has to be a level medium somewhere for this show.

Mike

rules

rules,jimmy one way or another,there getting stupid,u know it ,ban ump 4 lying about the rules or know 1 ,have a good one,the only#8

rules

jimmy likes the rules,otherwise there not on his site,so yes allum heads ,berts,and whatever counts.

Back