Ump Dirtcar Summernationals

mike44

THE HELL TOUR, aka THE UMP DIRTCAR SUMMERNATIONALS will begin at Brownstown, IN. on Wednesday, June 16th. The grueling tour, which pushes the endurance limits of both man and machine, doesn't get a night off until July 5th while it winds it's way through 7 states and 29 races on 28 tracks until July 17th.

Dennis Erb Jr. of Carpentersville, IL. has won the UMP DIRTCAR SN championship for the last 3 years and will be considered the man to beat this year. There are several others who are intent on putting the 2010 SN championship into their resumes, including 2 time SN champion Shannon Babb, Jason Feger, Brian Shirley, Jeep Van Wormer, Jack Sullivan, Kevin Weaver, Zach Dohm, Josh McGuire, Brandon Sheppard, Ryan Unzicker and possibly Wendell Wallace, the Batesville Bullet. This stout field of Super Late Models will be challenged nightly by local standouts who know their home tracks like the back of their hands, Many other notable drivers such as Billy Moyer, who just won the Dream, Billy Moyer Jr., Brian Birkhofer, Jimmy Mars, Wayne Chinn and Rodney Melvin, to name a few, will attend some of the races to make things even more exciting. You never know who might show up to try to grab the up to $10,000 a night to win races. A notable absence will be the 00 car of Randy “King Kong” Korte, runner-up of last years series who is recovering from recent back surgery. We wish Randy a speedy recovery. Always a serious threat to win, he is missed by fans competitors as well.

All of us who have been to these SN races know the feeling of seeing great competition night in and night out. If you’ve never been to one I would highly recommend that you do so this time around. Hopefully the wide variety of tracks and their locations will make it convenient for everybody to get to one or more of these races. I’ve never been disappointed going to see these guys battle it out and I don’t think you will be either. Lots of side by side fast action goes along with the SN racing and this year will be no different.

The SN tour is often the biggest event of the season for many tracks so get out and support them and your favorite UMP DIRTCAR Super Late Model drivers. The much anticipated points battle is only 2 days away and the teams are gearing up for the toughest, most competitive and wild month in all of dirt racing to see who will earn the bragging rights as the 2010 HELL TOUR champion!

Yes sir. We're gonna make a 3 day swing starting at Paducah, then I-55 and then Lincoln. I might come up by myself to a few more as well.

Back