UMP MOD TIRE RULE

FIREBALL

looks like after the 31st no more As or H tires allowed on the A-Mods...I do not agree with that but then I am just a small flea on the big dog--I would have thought UMP would have let us run the As & H tires till the end of the season at least allow the As tires on the front. any opinions?

Last edited:
here is the notice
umptire.png

I understand there's more then just them... they're the ones that the Internet is talking about..
That's why I mentioned them.
There's a lot that are happy about it also.

I'm glad to see everyone on the same tire..
That's why eldora is nice. Pick up your tires before you run.. everyone running same
Tire is a good thing

This is going to hurt the tracks as much as the drivers. There are going to be drivers who won't go buy new tires just to run the last month of the season. At Charleston 2 weeks ago half of the field had the old tires on. That was a field of 24 cars. So that make drop Charleston's weekly car count in half. I am sure Charleston isn't the only track that is going to suffer too. We are 20th in the nation, 2nd in region, and leading track points at Charleston and basically have 2 weeks to decide as a team if we are going to run the new tires or park our car. It's to the point that people are going to have to buy their tires at the track in fear of a rule change coming out the next week. I am not opposed to rule changes but changing them with 4 weeks left of UMP points is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. All it shows is that if enough people cry they will get their wish. Look's like Obama's America is still in force. We have to cater to those to whine, cry, b!tch, and moan.

Wharehouse full of tires,,junk tires not selling,,this way they get rid of them before season ends..another change coming this winter..

UMP made tire rules earlier in year and now receding on them. USRA looking better all the time promoters. Better get together soon and hash it out. UMP is killing the sport. Economy sucks as it is and now you have to buy all new tires just to finish season out. How many cars will get parked early? How many tracks are going to suffer? You promoters need to gather up and make your voices heard,,the racer takes it on the chin too much already. Tire prices raise every year,,parts raise every year,,but weekly purses never go up,,it's a vicious cycle,,tracks need cars and fans to make it work.. to make every thing work you need "togetherness"...togetherness is needed badly,,racers need promoters help in "standing your ground",,quit changing rules through out the season,,dumb ass move here ,,promoters need to promote again instead of letting the internet do it for them..everyone does not have internet..promoting a show has to give something worth while back to the consumer for their ticket purchases,,,make it worth while,,just don't open the gates and close the gates get crowds involved,,kids involved,,grandparents to come watch kids do their thing at the tracks,,you can get your own ideas,,just my opinion ..Rodney Deal

Last edited:
Last Saturday night at Fayette County Speedway,Charlie had a backwards race for the hornets,,paid $200 to win,,only 3 cars tried it,,It was fun to watch,, Here is a good example of trying new things,,Highland does roll overs,,good to see something different for intertainment,,remember when they had watermelon and hot dog races?. Spectator races went over good at Macon a few years back

RUNNINGWIDEOPEN2 8you took a post that was meant to inform the racer and turned it in to shit-THANK YOU!!! if you have a hard on for big swig then make you own post --Len Fireball Garson--if I piss some one off GOOD!!! got a good one what if Highland gets rained out tomorrow and we have to run next month?? cost to a race team that has non of the new tires $500- I left a message for Sam regarding the tire rule-I rarely use profanity on this site but the above post just got to me.

Y'all come run down here in Arkansas where we aren't UMP. They are doing late models as run what ya brung since no one could settle on rules !

Seriously. They had some pretty limited late model rules but everyone complained about cost or about not being able to travel. So they decided no rules. Just safety gear and run it basically.

Back