UMP Roundup Sportsman Tire Rule ?

armofmo

Can someone clarify which is correct?
The UMP Roundup Website (http://www.umpdirtcarroundup.com/) states under "Rules- General Race Info" the following:

The tire rules for the weekend are as follows:

DIRTcar Sportsman & Limited Modifieds:
SCL 26.5/8.0 A40
SCL 27.5/8.0 A40

Then under "Rules-UMP Sportsman Rules" it states:

11. MAXIMUM TIRES ALLOWED , HOOSIER E-MOD, SUPER STREET, DIRT STREET, STOCKER AND SUPER DIRT STOCKER MOUNTED ON 8” STEEL WHEEL! HOOSIER E-MODS REQUIRED ON BOTH REAR ( D-40, A-40,OR H-40 )

been asking the very same thing for the last 5 days,if only As are allowed in the sportsman class then once again the big $$$$ teams will rule

been asking the very same thing for the last 5 days,if only As are allowed in the sportsman class then once again the big $$$$ teams will rule
I don't get what you're saying here Lenny, why would one compound rule be benificial to those with the bucks? To me it would seem that having only one choice would even things up.
I don't know why UMP would limit the choice for this race when the majority of the racers, that will attend, will allready have D's and A's mounted up.
The other thing is at this time of year it may be hard to get A's to fire right off the bat, but you can never tell what the temp will be by then.
THANX RICH

People say I'm getting crankier as I get older. That's not it. I just find I enjoy annoying people a lot more now. Especially younger people!!!

Tire

i have 5 or 6 super dirt street Hoosiers, They are in excellent condition $5.00 each I just want to get rid of them they have kept indoor. in Wright City 314-575-6442

rich,you answered your own ???,most racers have Ds mounted and will run them early on,,to comply with the rules (still contrdictory as the on line rules say one thing on one page and another on a second page)some teams will have to invest in more tires (A's)so the guys with the $$$ will get new,the rest will get handmedowns....thats if they can find them

Back