Ump sportsman rules

91tracin

91tracin
will ump or has ump come up with a set of sportsman rules for 2009 yet ?

??????????

WE are talkin about U.M.P. Do you thank U.M.P can make a set of rule??? I dont think so I've been waiting for three YEARS and i still waiting!!!!!! There for i dont call my class U.M.P. Sportman. i thank ill call them S.A.R.A sportman would be a good idea.
If you dont like what i said then dont read just my opinion

When they come out with unified rules and they aren't the same rules your track runs, you will all be on here whining because you will have to make changes to be legal.

Just like the UMP Street Stock drivers are doing now.

Bottom line is, everyone wants unified rules, but everyone wants them to be the rules they are running now. UMP sanctions Sportsman cars from Missouri to New York and their are some very different rules out there.

When they come out with unified rules and they aren't the same rules your track runs, you will all be on here whining because you will have to make changes to be legal.

Just like the UMP Street Stock drivers are doing now.

Bottom line is, everyone wants unified rules, but everyone wants them to be the rules they are running now. UMP sanctions Sportsman cars from Missouri to New York and their are some very different rules out there.

Amen brother JD!!!!!!

Thats exactly the case right now with the SS class. Sportsman will be no different. The serious point chasing racers will make the changes. But the 1 track racers or those who don't care about national points will whine like hell. What makes that bad is for every serious point chaser who will do what ever to have unified rules, there is 10 one track one night a week racer who doesn't want to!

WE are talkin about U.M.P. Do you thank U.M.P can make a set of rule??? I dont think so I've been waiting for three YEARS and i still waiting!!!!!! There for i dont call my class U.M.P. Sportman. i thank ill call them S.A.R.A sportman would be a good idea.
If you dont like what i said then dont read just my opinion
It would be easy to do. Only problem is 100% of the cars in the St Louis area would immediately become obsolete. You want national unified rules? I'll make 'em then we won't have any local cars to run the series! Sooner or later someones going to have to change and as it is right now the STL cars are at the bottom of the food chain technology wise. Do we meet in the middle? Where do we begin? I can tell you the ISS guys are not going to like giving up the big horsepower, even if they do get a 3 link rear suspension. Do you want to run against 600 to 700 hp alcohol motors? Personally there are a few changes I would make just to make things a little cheaper and easier to repair. These changes would also bring the chassis rules more in line with other areas. The engines... Personally I'm a big believer in 2 barrels but there are those out there that are scared to death of them.Something that might work is adopt rules similar to Wissota Super Stock with a few tweaks. This class is very sucsessful up north. No matter what it is important to support the tracks that do run sportsman cars and I hope we get more guys to support our series. We need to worry about our own back yard... that way when we get it right just maybe when our neighbors see what we have done they will want to join in.

actually i figured out a way last night to fix the UMP sportsman rules. all they need to do is make the highland, belleville and pevely cars run under the UMP street stock banner like montgomery county does. our cars around here are actually closer to them as far as driveline, 2 barrel carb, weight, pretty much everything except body, floor boards and 3 link. the northern illinois cars and indiana cars would probably be able to work things out if it werent for the cars around here being so much different. the only problem then would be UMP sportsman loosing probably 20 or 30 members so they might not get the $5000 payout again.

i guess what i meant to say was 1 set of unified rules is what this region needs rather than 10 different sets of track rules ! then a person could build 1 car for all tracks.

UMP needs racer and promoter cooperation for that to happen. Its simple, nobody wants their car outlawed or motor outlawed. To get unified, thats gonna have to happen to some. Thats when the beatchin starts. So, its not just UMP's fault. Another thing is, you kinda have areas where rules are similar. Like STL has what they call a sportsman. Then you have Indiana area that has what they call a sportsman....ect....ect... There is no way to do it without it costing someone something. JMO

The first thing UMP or any Track needs to do is decide just what a sportsman car is.

St.Louis fairly well represents what that should be, some of these Ind. cars are nothing more than Modifieds with fenders.

The only purpose those cars serve is that it allows someone that either can't drive a modified or can't afford a late model to chase their tails.

If you want to travel to every track, get a modified. If they unify the rules, the cost is going to go up because everytrack will have a special show for them and racers will spend more to make more (even if its spending 20 grand to make 1 grand.

Racers are their own worst enemy in my opinion......

Back