UMP Sportsman Tires?

crash9

I'm gonna be buying tires soon, and was just curious if you guys actually run all three compounds(A,d,h) or just the A's and D's. I've been told in the past I wouldn't ever run H's, and then I've been told by a couple that they use them occasionally.

Thanks,
Brad

In the time that we have been allowed to run the emods i have ran a H two times. I would recommend not running them though. I usually always run D's on the left side and D's on the right side when the track is heavy. When the track goes black i would suggest putting A's on the right side. Hope some of this helps.

Tom

Depends where you race though.. H's are good for tracks that draw a lot of heat. H's take a lot of laps to get hot, but once you get them hot, they do not go away as fast as A's. They are way more forgiving. If you get an A hot, and then allow it to cool, i.e. lots of cautions, it will glaze. Once you glaze an A you are toast. It wouldnt be a bad idea to have a decent H just in case. Especially in the dead of summer, on a fast track. Hope that helps!

With only having 15 lap features it takes half the feature to get that tire to come in with these sportsman cars. Don't have the horse of a modified. The first time i ran one was the Big sportsman show i won at belleville 2 years ago. I got lucky that night and we had 40 laps caution free. Then i tried it on a regular night of racing. It was awful. If you only run 3-5 laps between cautions then the tire never gets up to temperature. Take care of your A's on cautions and you will be fine.

Call mark & deanne @ vri in marine, il. They race @ pevely & tri city. Call them, tell them what you need & they can bring it to the track for you. They also do lettering ( including wraps), rebuild & revalve shocks, as well as have a great selection of racecar parts. Awsome people to deal with. The number is 618-887-4706. Tell them chris sent you.

Marv's Race Place in mt.vernon IL 618-242-4865
Hoosier Dealer, Sunoco Race Fuels, Tons of Parts in Stock

JW Auto Specialties carries tires and pretty much anything else you need other than race fuel.

They are in bloomsdale, MO. Not too far from desoto and he has the parts trailer at Fredtown.

Call Nick @ (573) 483-3338

Back