Ump Streetstocks

RACE39

I heard that 8 tracks will have them so far. I can't remember the complete list. Canton, Paducah are a couple I remember. No immediate St. Louis tracks has commited. Montgomery Co. I heard is still possible. I'd like to see Mr. Schrader/ump add them to his place.

Brownstown, Flora, Mount Vernon ,and Mecon(sp) were said to be part of the new sanction which is pure stock/bomber based 76 cc chamber heads, 2 bbl with the addition of used emods, weight jacks and floater nine inch rearends. Highland voted to stay with last years rules plus allowing race fuel and right front bead lock.

from what i heard it is Brownstown IL, Macon, Mt. Vernon, Flora, Calvert City, Kokomo IN, Boswell IN, and one more track. I myself can't believe Highland didnt go for it. It is like a early 90's street stock with real bomber engine. The UMP point fund is supposed to be 5,000 for the class too.

Does anyone know what size engines they will allow? I usualy race at Flora and most of the cars down here have 383 strokers. If they don't allow them Flora will have more trouble gettin car count then last year.

Well guess i won't be runnin that class. I don't know what u were runnin but the majority of cars at Flora had 383 or better. Wonder if there will even be a class for the old bombers.:confused:

Although I like the idea of a truer stock class, I do remember at the Mt. Vernon rules meeting last year, they promised that the rules would not change until after 3 years. From what little I have read, it sounds like most of the cars that ran last year would now be illegal.

There will most likely be a UMP Pure Stock type class in 2005. Biggest problem is getting a set of rules that most tracks will agree on. Each track wants the rules to be as close to their own rules as possible. So there is some final work being done to iron out the rules.

Will Mr. UMP/Shrader have the class at his track? If He/UMP wants others to buy into it, then you'd think his track would show the way.

If all these tracks change to UMP Streetstocks what class
will be eliminated from each track, and what track will have the
honor of the best rule package, we all know that the track
officials will not budge on rules, especially the ones that have a high bomber,purestreet,streetstock or whatever they are calling
them car count.
The Vern just installed new rules in '04 (good for 3 years)
and most of them would have to build new motors, if a 361 c.i.
is the max. I hope someone will come out with what's really happening soon, so we can start building the right car.
How about all the track owners/operators speak up and
tell us what's goin' on. So we can go racin when its time!

I wish I-55 and Belleville would follow suit if there is going to be a National UMP street stock class. It's only good for the fans, the drivers, and the promoters.

RacerRod

That is my understanding...

Also, only used Hoosier H-40 tires. No new ones. Tread is only supposed to be half of what it is on a new tire.

Back