Uniball

jray13

josh
I know this was discussed once before-but in a allied sportsman, what is the opinion on monball bushing in the rear suspension on a 3 link sportsman.
Thanks

I had the monoballs on my sportsman car with 3 link in it and i didn't like them. I don't know if it was just me or not. To me it felt like it unloaded the car in the corners. I know it was probably just me though. I put my stock ones back in after that and was happy with them more than the monoballs. I have also heard that they work the best on a 4 link car. Maybe someone else can give there input on this but this is my opinion on them.

Tom

After running the bushing for eight weeks, on 4 link i switched to the monoballs. I feel like it helped alot. As far as unloading, I didnt see that. Im kind of curious since we are fitting the car for a three link, if thats going to be a problem. There pricey little things but they helped me. Scott

If you can run em. Anytime you can take a bind or mush out of the rear suspension you should. That goes for the front end to. Tom, should have played with the shock valving alittle to fix your unloading problem.

It may sound off the wall, but your putting monoballs in the stock lower postion in the rear, I would assume, legally you could install them in the front, replacing the stock bushing. Now i would think from a common sense point of veiw it would loosen the cars front bite. But i could be wrong. Im kind of curious to know the answer myself. Scott

Are monoballs allowed in the front suspension on an allied car?

I myself wouldn't spend that much money on putting monoballs on the front. Not even sure if you can get them for the front since one side of the lower A-frame is more narrow that the other side. I am not sure if they make them in all kinds of sizes or just the size for a rear trailing arm. Yeah anytime you can have a freed up suspension the better, that way you have no bind. But on say the rear trailing arms i just put a longer bolt through and tightened it down till it is tight but still moves up and down freely and then doublenut it. In my eyes it serves pretty much the same purpose as a monoball then. And about $200.00 cheaper....:D .....I know others have there different opinions on them but i would rather spend my money in other places on the car. I have looked at a bunch of the top guy's sportsmans in this area and yeah alot of them have high dollar stuff but it also suprised me at some of the things that i seen on some cars that i couldn't believe they were running. Really though you can make anything work with the knowledge, time, and money.

Tom

I Would Go With Steel Bushings On The Front. I Ran Stock Bushings (on The Rear) Last Year And Drilled Four Holes (3/32") Through The Stock Rubber Bushings To Soften Up The Rubber To Give The Bushing A Lillte More Movement. No That Monoballs Are Legal, We Used Them This Year And I Could Tell A Little Bit Of A Difference. I Would Say That It Is Worth The Money For The Lower In The Rear, You May Want To Borrow A Set Of Lowers And Go To A Play Day To Try Both. Run 5 Laps Without The Monoballs, Then Change To The Stock Bushing Lowers And Run 5 Laps And Feel The Difference. You May Not Like The Way They Feel. Tring Things For Your Self Could Answer More Questions Then Other Drivers Can Explain To You. Jmo

Back