Up Close & Personal: Every Ticket to DIRTcar Nationals at Volusia Speedway Park is a Free Fan Pit Pa

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Concord , NC —January 19, 2010—World of Outlaws events have always been very fan friendly, with the spectators having access to the drivers and being able to meet their heroes after the final checkered flag of the night falls and the pit gates are opened.

That tradition will be taken one step further at the 2010 season opening 39th Annual Florida DIRTcar Nationals by UNOH at Volusia Speedway Park, February 5-7, as fans will have unprecedented access throughout the racing program, as every ticket purchased is a FREE Fan Pit Pass. All fans have to do is show their grandstand ticket and sign in at a table near the pit entrance, and they will be free to visit the pit area at any time during the course of the race night to see the best sprint car drivers in the world, their cars and their crews hard at work.

Jason Meyers, who won a total of 10 events with the World of Outlaws last season and finished second in points, is always one of the last drivers to leave the pit area after a race, making sure to sign autographs for each and every fan that seeks one, especially all of the youngsters that stop by to meet him and check out his No. 14 machine up close. The native of Clovis, Calif., who has helped promote events on the West Coast in the past, is looking forward to this unique opportunity that the fans will have during all of the nights of the 2010 DIRTcar Nationals.

“Every race fan enjoys going to the pits,” said Meyers. “I know I did when I was younger and sometimes we didn't realize we could go to the pits. I think it's something that is neat. Anything a promoter can do now to give the fans something a little extra is great. We have a lot of great race fans that spend their hard earned money to come out and watch us do what we love to do and they enjoy it. If we can make it better for them, I applaud any promoter that does anything of that nature.”

Danny Lasoski, the 2001 World of Outlaws, champion and one of the most recognizable faces in the world of sprint car racing, is very excited for the opportunity to have the fans stop by the pit area during the DIRTcar Nationals and check out his fire breathing 850-plus horsepower machine up close and personal. Lasoski has met fans from throughout the world over the course of his career and always enjoys seeing new faces and helping a new generation to become sprint car fans.

“I think it's a great idea for the World of Outlaws and Volusia to do that,” said Lasoski of the Free Fan Pit Pass. “The fans should be able to come to come down and get autographs and take pictures, meet us and be part of it. Sometimes they can't get down there at the end of the night, so now they can come down there anytime. I'm just very happy to be part of it.”

All the drivers that finished among the Top-10 in the 2009 World of Outlaws championship standings will be competing in the DIRTcar Nationals, including four-time and defending series champion Donny Schatz, as well as 20-time series titlist Steve Kinser, Jason Meyers who finished just 19 points behind Schatz last season in the closest points race ever, Joey Saldana, who drives for Kasey Kahne Racing, Jason Sides, Danny Lasoski, Craig Dollansky, Kraig Kinser, Jac Haudenschild and Lucas Wolfe. In addition drivers from the All Star Circuit of Champions will be on hand, along with a large contingent of drivers representing the Pennsylvania Posse and some West Coast drivers as well.

The 39th Annual Florida DIRTcar Nationals by UNOH kick off on February 2 and run through February 13, and feature the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series (February 5-7), along with the World of Outlaws Late Model Series (Feb. 11 & 13), the Super DIRTcar Series (Feb. 10-13), the All Star Circuit of Champions (Feb. 3-4), UMP DIRTcar Late Models (Feb. 8, 9, 10, & 12) and UMP DIRTcar Modifieds (Feb. 2-9)

For tickets to the 39th Annual Florida DIRTcar Nationals by UNOH at Volusia Speedway Park visit: http://www.DIRTcarNationals.com or call Volusia Speedway Park at 386-985-4402.

The World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series is brought to fans across the country by many important sponsors and partners, including: Armor All (Official Car Care Products), Goodyear Tires (Official Tire), SuperClean (Official Cleaner-Degreaser), VP Racing (Official Racing Fuel); in addition to contingency sponsors, Jake's Custom Golf Carts, KSE Race Products, Penske Shocks, Racing Electronics, S&S Volvo; Engine Builder's Challenge participants Don Ott Racing Engines, Kistler Engines, Shaver Specialties and Speedway Engines; and Chassis Builder's Challenge participants J&J Auto Racing, Maxim Racing and XXX Race Company.

Back