WAR sprints and winged at Farmington Sept 19

sprinted

Love dirt track racing
The non winged WAR sprints will be at St Francois County Raceway this weekend. Three fans added to the purse so it's $1100 to win WAR $150 to start. We have several guys that run local wanting to try and do both, should be a good show. $15 for stands and $30 for pits..
This

Looking like some pretty good car counts for the sprints, hopefully Brian gives us a good track..

It was good racing until they took a 25 minute intermission and did nothing to the racing surface.
Not to mention the B mod spinfest that took FOREVER to complete
Love the facility, they need to figure a way to speed up the program. We took 4 new fans to see racing for the first time. They were less than impressed that our feature didn't push off until almost midnight

Love the facility, they need to figure a way to speed up the program. We took 4 new fans to see racing for the first time. They were less than impressed that our feature didn't push off until almost midnight
That is really unfortunate ... We had the same thing happen to us. Took some new fans for a special sprint race and they ran it last at midnight. Farmington could be a great sprint car track . Hopefully they'll make some adjustments for the Queens Royal

It was good racing until they took a 25 minute intermission and did nothing to the racing surface.

Unfortunately they often take a 20+ minute intermission and normally don't do any track work. I don't understand the need for so much down time.

Agreed. I've been there a half dozen times this year (and will be there for the Friday night portion of the Queen's Royale) and it ends up being a later night than other tracks I attend. A time limit (that's enforced) might be something for them to think about next year.

I travel 100+ miles to most tracks (Pevely, Tri-City, & Belleville are a little closer) so I'm used to late nights but it sure is better to get home at midnight than 2:30 AM (and it makes me think of the article by Humpy Wheeler that has been linked here previously about getting the show completed in around 3 hours--which I realize isn't going to work for all special events with large car counts).

Dan Nelson

Back