Was In The Granite Journal

bobtart

When Tri-City Speedway opens for business the new owners say race fans will be seeing a new and improved facility. In January Kevin Gundaker and his father Gordon Gundaker purchased the Pontoon Beach racetrack from longtime owner Bob Wente. They unveiled the modified track during a ribbon-cutting ceremony on Thursday.
Kevin races late-model stock cars at the I-55 Raceway in Pevely, MO. He will handle most of the day-to-day operations of the track.
Gordon Gundaker is president of Coldwell Banker Gundaker, one of the largest real estate companies.
Both said they were especially happy to own the track because of their history with it.
Kevin was one of many stock-car racers who got their start at Tri-City.
"We started Here in 1973," he said it feels great to own the track.It's an extension of what we have done over the years. This is more than just a racetrack because of all the history I have here and my family has here. My son started when he was about 16 years old. We have been doing it ever since, Gordon said.
He got me for a few dollars along the way," he said, adding he tried to buy the track several years ago. I've have always wanted to own a track,
" Gordon said. "I think it's a great sport. It's the best-watched sport right now." Opening day is April 3, which includes a special appearance by Bigfoot. The season continues through October 2. There will also be a "play day" for drivers and fan from 6-9 p.m March 30, with a appearance by Kenny Wallace. We will have an open night for our drivers and fans, kind of a get-acquainted party.
The track's current capacity is about 5.400 but sometime this summer the owners expect to break ground for a corporate suite area above the existing grandstands. The total investment so far is estimated at about 1 million.

The place from the road looks ALOT better than before...i love the added playground system for the kids...i know ill take Madison alot more...so she dont have to sit in her carseat all the time...THANKS KEVIN

Back