Wayne City

goody78rsg

Here we go again, ANOTHER CHEATER. Nite-rider, you ought to be ashamed of yourself, bringing a cheater motor with illegal springs. Did you do that to beat Zack, Hobson or just to beat your teamate Brian? You looked really good winning by a half lap, you were on a rail. But it didn't do a bit of good when someone else took your money home. lol
Maybe they should have teched your fuel also, especially if your running the same as Brian runs in his truck. That hot fuel lights up a pretty blue flame, ain't that right Brian. You guys have the worse luck, getting DQ'ed and your truck catching fire after the races. I would fire my engine builder and fire my truck mechanic. But DAD was there to save the night and bring you all home safe and sound. lol Rough night for all of us but we had fun.

Hey Josh take your money and go buy some LEGAL springs, oops, I forgot you didn't get paid. SORRY buddy. Goodnight lol

goody, What a day!! As far as the "spring test", what a joke!! I think we should have done a more accurate test! Something like biting down on them to "compare" to each other. LOL!! The arka and burris national series RULE books say that they recommend .003-.005 (three thousandths to five thousandths) tolerance....but what do i know?? oh wait....someone at the track was telling me there is NOT a clone rule book....!!! WHAT!!???!!:mad:

I hope you still want to let your kids race with me now that i have to put the big "cheater" sticker on the back of my helmet!!
But, i will let you know that i have that spring on the work bench right now under a cinder block!!!!;) it should be ready for next friday night.

The only reason why the truck caught on fire was because i was harrassing D. Rickey for locking the keys in his truck when we got there!!! I really thought he was going to have to pit over by the grandstands.:D sorry dirty d.

I sure am glad that you came back and rescued us!! Thanks guys!!!
josh

This is why I will not buy a clone until there is a hard set of rules and most of the tracks are running by them. Andy

You deserved that to happen to the Navigator after you gave me so much crap about the keys in the truck! That was my Dad's fault BTW!

There is a set rules Burris national speedway series, Akra all have rules to go by, anyone can get on there websites and get the rules.

Josh sorry to here about the dq last night. I guess the truck took over your anger and burst into flames lol. We all know you werent cheating, I was LOL

There is a set rules Burris national speedway series, Akra all have rules to go by, anyone can get on there websites and get the rules.
Yes but most tracks run there own rules and tech seems to be a big ? My own personal opinion this class will end up like the crate late model class a good idea but people will exploit the gaps in the rules. JMO Andy

rough driving

I sorry to say it, but its going to take someone getting hurt or just plain knocked on their @ss to stop the stupid driving tactics. Not just Wheelers, but everyone. jmo

John, I really like the Burris National Series rules. It is short, simple and very easy to understand. My 12 year old nephew could build a legal cone with this set of rules, so i dont think it should be a problem at the track!!! If i remember right, YOU (HMR Kart Shop)had a $$$ race at Bedrock a few weeks ago and the Burris National Series rules were used. If i remember right, top motors were checked and everyone went home happy!!! Man that was a good race!!! And that was a $$$ race to boot!!! I wanted to tell you THANKS also for helping get my camber going i the right direction, it really made that kart come to life!! Thank You!!
Josh H

P.s. I will be printing off 50 copies of the Burris National Series rules at work today!!! anyone that says there is NOT a set of rules can come to our hauler (lol) the next time we are at the track and I will glady give them a copy!!! ALL ARGUEING WILL STOP RIGHT THERE!!!

P.s. I will be printing off 50 copies of the Burris National Series rules at work today!!! anyone that says there is NOT a set of rules can come to our hauler (lol) the next time we are at the track and I will glady give them a copy!!! ALL ARGUEING WILL STOP RIGHT THERE!!!

this is the best idea ive heard yet. allthough i dont think it will do any good at bellrive or wayne city.

Another thing....I read the rules again and it does not say that you have to finish the race with four(4) tires!! John, you should be good to go for the next clone race!!!:D I think you might be on to something here!!:p Maybe we could cut an aluminum pizza pan down to 30" and put a big O-ring on it!!! LOL!!!

is your new "hauler" fireproof? if not I don't know if I'd want to be hauling all that extra paper for fuel. LOL.

What is the big deal???? Phil told everyone at the drivers meeting he did not care what color clone you run,it just had to tech like the blue max. So just buy a set of blue max springs and lets all go race.

Ice man

So just buy a set of blue max springs and lets all go race

Iceman, this is the exact problem. these are cheap chinese motors and cheap chinese parts. I put in a brand new set of blue max springs and was deemed illegal. the spring in question was 1.1155", the spring they compared it to was 1.114". The burris rules are so simple, lets just use them. This is a fun class to race. Everyone knows there has to be rules in racing. Lets keep it simple and let the class grow.

those were blue clone springs....bought straight from lukatis racing cause the old ones were plum wore out.....to be honest with you that motor came straight from the floor of phils shop.....but we all know how crappy these motors are put together and if you dont replace the springs in them you arent going anywhere!!!

What is the big deal???? Phil told everyone at the drivers meeting he did not care what color clone you run,it just had to tech like the blue max. So just buy a set of blue max springs and lets all go race.

Ice man
How are you going to do that....i can almost bet that if you took 30 clones and measured the springs out of them you would be lucky to get 2 of them to measure the same.......hell the way they were measuring them sat (and fri too i guess) you would be lucky to get the same measurement out of the same spring twice!!!! As weak as those springs are you cannot measure them with a thumb caliber??????? You can compress them 0.005 just by the metal touching them. Regardless it is still a joke!!! and you cant argue its not!! these damn motors are not racing motors....they were made on a production line for your power washer, mower, generator whatever......they were made in china by 8 yr old kids....there is no consistency to them so to be able to compare one to another is rediculous!!!

This whole thing is about people trying to get a edge on their compition,when clone racing started about a year or so ago it was going to be box stock.That did not last 30 days because everyone had to look at them and try to tweak on them.Hell there is almost as much after market stuff for them as there are for the flathead.I will tell you what,if you want to race clones ,go to bistate.That track is as about as close to box stock as you can get.Orignal air cleaner assembly.a header about the size of your little finger.Also if you still go to fast they look at your springs.

Thanks Iceman

This whole thing is about people trying to get a edge on their compition,when clone racing started about a year or so ago it was going to be box stock.That did not last 30 days because everyone had to look at them and try to tweak on them.Hell there is almost as much after market stuff for them as there are for the flathead.I will tell you what,if you want to race clones ,go to bistate.That track is as about as close to box stock as you can get.Orignal air cleaner assembly.a header about the size of your little finger.Also if you still go to fast they look at your springs.

Thanks Iceman
Thanks for the reply but that has nothing to do with what i just wrote and the methods that were used for teching!!

Thanks Iceman

Iceman i dont know who you are but by reading your post you have NO mechanical knowledge if you did you would understand what we are all complaining about. i am all for tech but the method being used is insane i cant think of any other way to explain it to you. you can NOT tech a valve spring by static height exspecialy with a dial caliper there is alot of slop in that method. they need to tech spring compression just like every clone tech in the country does. these things are mass produced and have no consistancy. if you race you must just be a pack filler because if you ran upfront you would be complaining also if you got dq for this bs

roger

Iceman i dont know who you are but by reading your post you have NO mechanical knowledge if you did you would understand what we are all complaining about. i am all for tech but the method being used is insane i cant think of any other way to explain it to you. you can NOT tech a valve spring by static height exspecialy with a dial caliper there is alot of slop in that method. they need to tech spring compression just like every clone tech in the country does. these things are mass produced and have no consistancy. if you race you must just be a pack filler because if you ran upfront you would be complaining also if you got dq for this bs

roger
EXACTLY!!!!! that is what this whole conversation is about!!!!!:eek:

Roger

I understand what you are talking aboutbut you are not understanding me.All I am saying is if you run bedrock run the springs they tell you to,if you run bistate run the springs they tell you to,if you run bellrive run the springs they tell you to. Enough said.

Iceman

Back