WC Parade & Carnival

brsd-spongebob

Light Man
As a member of the WC alumni, I try to stay on top of current events. One thing I have always enjoyed was the annual holding of the Jr. Class Carnival & Parade.

West County will be holding the 2007 Jr. Class Carnival & Parade on Saturday, May 5th. CINCO DE MAYO!!! How ironic...

If you would like to participate in the parade, you need to contact Angie @ 573-562-7556. Now, she will probably kill me for doing this, but I figure the idea is to make the parade as grand as possible. You'll need to reserve a spot and arrive early. The parade usually begins at 1pm...I believe that stands true this year as well. I recommend calling her ASAP if you want to enter.

If you want to watch, you can find a place to park or set up your lawn chairs along the parade route up until around 1pm. I assume refreshments and/or balloons etc. will be available along the way. All proceeds benefit the Jr. Class preparation for Senior "Trip" (or project graduation), however you look at it.

Later that afternoon, there will be a carnival with games, food, raffles and such also benefitting the project.

I've enjoyed this event all my life and it really is a whole lot of fun. I have always wished for more involvement from the participants at BRSD to help promote the sport.

Hope to join you or see you at the parade!

spongebob,,, as always Oak Street racing will be in the parade this year, i think were going to have todd's car, whitney will be in it for the jr atv championship, and also a new car to Oak Street Racing this year, its the former Tuff-E-Nuff car driven by steve barton. Its been totally redone and a young boy from the desloge area will be the driver.

Back