We know what we are doin??

ohsomthin

ohsomthin
What ever happened to qualifying??? I understand the pill draw even if it is used to get qualify positions to the grid. But where in the sam hill did this group qualifying come from? I mean if qualifying is better for the stands by grouping faster cars together and safer for us ( the slower guys) where did this group crap come in?? I know i am showin my age but dang cant the scoreres still seperate 18 times and sort them by time? thats how it use to be and still should be to keep a safe and racey shows. Only thing I think is they should flip a coin as the cars go to the starting grid to see if the top ten get inverted, I know thats gonna raise some eyebrows but lets keep the show a show > Just one guys opinoin.. Thanks Tom Filkins

i think its to give them a better chance.. or so i hear? and i think so not 3298481263 cars are not at staging(not exactly that many, but comeon you get the point). atleast they are qualifying period, which rick does NOT have to do. and then there would be more wrecks and everything else, if you just go by pill draw because all the fast cars could be in the back, and slow in the front(for example) and the fast cars would just charge right through to win the race just like everyone else. im not taking sides or anything here, but im just posting my opinion.:D :p

pedaltothe medal that b.s I55 belleville PIR kankakee and klms all have passing points and don't have any problems

dirt hound said:
pedaltothe medal that b.s I55 belleville PIR kankakee and klms all have passing points and don't have any problems

PIR no longer uses passing points. They said to much work & the end results were the same anyway.

Old Guys??

sean2 said:
PIR no longer uses passing points. They said to much work & the end results were the same anyway.

Some of the old guys do not like change. As more track surfaces burn up with age the point passing system is an alternitive. It works.

Probably help out there for those who find it too difficult to figure the passing point system. :D

PEORIA#75FAN said:
Some of the old guys do not like change. As more track surfaces burn up with age the point passing system is an alternitive. It works.

Probably help out there for those who find it too difficult to figure the passing point system. :D

I agree...I think...LOL

I also agree that 4m just aint the same anymore.

PEORIA#75FAN said:

Just get a good laptop computer and let a spreadsheet program do most of the math. That's what we do at Pike Co. on the nights that we qualify and/or use passing points.

Brandon Paul said:
Just get a good laptop computer and let a spreadsheet program do most of the math. That's what we do at Pike Co. on the nights that we qualify and/or use passing points.

Yes, that makes it simple and accurate. It is not something that should be a problem.

The fans takes a little while longer to understand it. I know I thought it was garbage at first, until I watched a few WDRL races and caught on to it. It works. Now I think they(WDRL) may be going to group qualifying with passing points. They will also have transponders which I think along with group quallifying is the best thing for dirt in a long time.

Back