We need to have race in Mike's Honor .......

It would be fitting that the St.Louis racing community have a race in Mike's Honor.. And it should be EVERY Memorial day weekend. God I MISS him already..

We have already decided that in Honor of Mike and the Last race he Announced. The Memorial Day Weekend Modified 100 lapper will forever be the "TTG 100"

Allthough we will be doing some remembrance things this Friday night. We will be planning a Full Tribute night in the next week or two!

A few years back at Belle-Clair they had every car on the track to honor the passing of a member of the racing community (sorry I dont remember who) but it would be awesome to see this done for TTG.

Lets get so many cars on the track that TTG can hear them from above!

that was for "the caveman" (randy tyson's dad)

That is awesome Don...I though about naming the scorer's stand after him, but your idea is better...

Mike

I think the scorers stand should be painted purple and white, and a vacant chair should always occupy the area at the top of the stairs.

We have already decided that in Honor of Mike and the Last race he Announced. The Memorial Day Weekend Modified 100 lapper will forever be the "TTG 100"

Allthough we will be doing some remembrance things this Friday night. We will be planning a Full Tribute night in the next week or two!
I have a feeling this is going to become not only one of THE biggest modified races in this area but maybe one of the biggest races period!

We need a special at Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55 and one at Highland as well. These need to be yearly as well.

I would say have a big Dirt Late Model Show, say a $10,000 to win race, and name it The Talker Guy Classic. Make the trophy a special one...a microphone. It would be quite fitting. I think ole TTG would go OH MY to that one. 50 Lap Late Model Feature with some sort of sanctioning (WoO, Lucas, UMP, MARS, etc).

Mike TTG

the racing banquet will never be the same when donnie klein and John Mcguire aNd got up on the mic and sang you dont have to call me by my name byr david allan coe
:(

I think a good salute for this weekend would be to bring out every car in all classes right before the features and line them all up 4 wide with the missing man (open pole) for a few laps. I know the bigger cars are always the ones to do the 4 wide, it would be cool for the drivers and fans of every class to get to participate in that, not just the late models.

Back