Weight Jacks?

BAD BOB

sick & twisted old man
Hey Bobby or Kenny, are these legal?
The original leaf springs are still in place and functioning, with the
weight jacks mounted over the rear end...

Attachments

• jacks2-1.jpg
    jacks2-1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 568
  • jacks1-1.jpg
    jacks1-1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 490
Are them there those racing shocks we keep hearing about????? And heck look at them pretty puple springs, a little girly dont you think????? But heck no that aint legal!!!!

:rolleyes: Bob, this is just my understanding....based on past explainations to myself from tech.......NO!:eek: If you want weight jacks on a leaf car, you have to buy the type that replace the rear shackles.

The mechanics of it are basically what you would have if you mounted a trailer jack in the rear of your frame and attached the shackle to the bottom of the jack. It pushes down the end of the spring to put wedge in it. Vintage modifieds actually used trailer jacks to do this....Look at Brian Wolfmeiers vega some time.

We ran the same setup that you have on a mustang II a few years ago and it worked good but I don't know about the shackle jacks...I'm not sure why they outlawed it. The suspension is still like it came from the factory, just added to. I didn't feel it was any different than moving the shocks around, but....:cool:

Bob, the coil springs on a leaf spring set up is illegal at DRR. The easiest and safest way to put weight jacks on the rear of a leaf car is having multi holes on your rear shackles. Kenny

Back