Well....it finally happened

Qtrmileracer

Gas went up to $3.19 / gallon for regular unleaded this morning in St.Charles County. Was $2.92 earlier today.What a jump in price.I just can't understand,but I guess we're not suppose to ask questions....either pay it or walk.:mad:

Aargh. And just yesterday I was debating whether or not to fill up or wait a day or two longer since the price seemed to be trending downward (at least a penny or two). :mad:

That is absolutely insane!!! It's $2.92 here. It actually went down here, last Saturday it was $2.99? Somewhere near that. :mad:

Funny how now there are all these refineries having "problems" just in time for the weekend. And the big oil companies say they aren't price gouging come on. Seems like everything else in the nation is struggling to just get by. Maybe we should think about gettin a job with ExxonMobil so we can all get rich quick!

When Oil Prices Were Dropping A While Back, And Gas Dropped To Around $2.00 A Gallon. They Said On The News That Opec Was Going To Slow Production To Counter Dropping Oil Prices. That Right There Shows It Is A Gemic. If There Isn't A Reason To Raise Them, They Will Make One. Why Should They Drop Them. They Are Making Billions And They Figure People Have To Have It, So They Will Buy It.

Doesn't really make any sense at all.... barrel prices in the USA closed out 3.50 cheaper at about $63.30 and than the foreign markets were over $66.50a barrel. That must be what we have to look forward to tomorrow, price will jump up again another 25 cents a gallon....YEA. Wholesale gas prices were 2.24 a gallon today, add your taxes and they get whats left..... poor things, how can they even make a PROFIT.... Something sure does smell rotten in Washington...You can't tell me when prices fell last year, right before elections, that there wasn't some manipulation going on....
Maybe if the DEMS would quit their witchhunt in the Whitehouse and get down to some serious business instead of trying to shove their weight around and trying to clean house, then maybe things would get better. But then here in Illinois you have good ole boy Jones in Chicago putting a stop to the Utilities bill.......If the power bills keep going higher the small businesses will be put out, if that doesn't do it, then the fuel cost will do them in..... and the rest of us right along with them.....

Just got a call!!!! Yesterday QT in town was 2.94 last night, it went up to 3.17 this morning. At 10pm they already dropped it to 3.14..... WHOOOOPPEEEEE

Just wait until it goes over $4.00 a gallon! We haven't even hit the big summer "Driving Season" also we're heading into the Hurricane season. All we need is another Hurricane close to the Gulf and that will be good for another 20 cents.

OK, here is a good one and true. One gas station in Belleville started this morning with unleaded at 2.98. This evening it was 3.18. At 10:30 it is now 3.14.

Three different prices in one DAY and not one week!!!!

OK, another different sighting. This morning, 3.06. This evening it was 2.99. Now the sign says on one side 3.17 and on the other 3.19 at 10:30. Figure that one out and would you go to that station?

lucky?

here in the breese/carlyle area this morning, gas is still selling for 295.9 to 299.9 for the "cheap stuff". i guess we're just lucky.:(

Same ol' Stuff---- Raise the prices so high, so they look like they are doing us a favor when they drop them a few cents.

Back