Wendell Wallace Finishes Second in June Bug 60

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(BATESVILLE, ARKANSAS) Wendell Wallace brought his J&J Steel / JFR Graphics #88 GRT / Keith Craft Ford Taurus to the Cajun State of Louisiana last weekend for the $10,000 to win ‘June Bug 60’ at the Fast Trax Speedway in Chatham, LA. “The Batesville Bullet” rolled of the grid from the outside of the front row for the 60-lap event. Wendell challenged eventual race winner Garrett Durrett throughout the waning portions of the event, but could never take the point and had to settle for a runner-up finish.

“We had a good run at Chatham last weekend, but we just couldn’t get around Garrett,” said Wendell on Monday. “We got close to him a couple of times after restarts, but he had a good car and drove a great race. We brought our spec motor down there again, but I think it was the right move this time. I think we were a little different on tires then Garrett and he was a lot better on short runs. With all of the cautions in the feature, that really played to his advantage and not mine.”

Wendell will be in action this weekend at the famed Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, OH. The 10th Annual 'Dream 100' will be on tap this weekend with the winner receiving $100,000. The action kicks off on the high-banked, 1/2-mile clay oval this Friday night with qualifications and non-qualifiers events. Heat races, a C-Main, a B-Main, and the 100-lap 'Dream 100' are scheduled for Saturday. For more information on the mega event this weekend, log onto www.eldoraspeedway.com.

The latest on Wendell Wallace Autosports can be found at www.wendellwallace.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

Back