Wendell Wallace Still MARS Point Leader After Fourth at I-30

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(BATESVILLE, ARKANSAS) Mother Nature finally gave in last Saturday night and allowed Wendell Wallace and the rest of the O’Reilly MARS Series regulars a chance to race at the I-30 Speedway in Little Rock, AR. The series has been marred with rainouts this year, but the event at Little Rock went off without a hitch. Wendell won his heat race to advance to the $3,000 to win feature event. The current MARS point leader than drove a solid fourth place finish in the feature after starting from the seventh position.

“It was a solid night for us, but nothing spectacular,” stated the driver of the J&J Steel / JFR Graphics #88 GRT / Keith Craft Ford Taurus. “Terry (Phillips) won the race, so he gained a few points on us. The rain has really hurt us the last couple of months, hopefully we can get the rest of the races in and the points will work themselves out. All the rain has allowed us to spend some extra time for preparing our Topless 100 car, so we have really been gearing up for that lately.”

The MARS event scheduled for Friday night at the Memphis Motorsports Park in Memphis, TN was rained out.

Wendell Wallace Autosports has four MARS races on tap for the upcoming weeks. He has three to look forward to this weekend and one the following week. For more information on the O’Reilly Mid-America Racing Series, log onto www.midamericaracingseries.com. Wendell’s upcoming schedule is shown below.

August 6 - Batesville Speedway, Locust Grove, AR - MARS - $3,000
August 7 - Tri-State Speedway, Pocola, OK - MARS - $3,000
August 8 - Monett Speedway, Monett, MO - MARS - $3,000
August 14 - I-44 Speedway, Lebanon, MO - MARS - $3,000

The latest on Wendell and the Wendell Wallace Autosports team, make sure to visit www.wendellwallace.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

Back