Wendell Wallace Takes 10th at Show-Me, Looks Forward to Tri-State Challenge

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(Batesville, AR) Wendell Wallace Autosports competed in two events this past Memorial Day weekend, as they attended the 11th annual Show-Me 100 in West Plains, MO on May 22-25 and the Xtreme DirtCar Series show at Paducah International Raceway in Paducah, KY just last night. Wendell was the defending champion of the Show-Me 100, which is held each year and the beautiful West Plains Motor Speedway. This year’s edition of the race paid $37,000 to win and drew 100 cars to the racy, red-clay oval in south-central Missouri. The event at Paducah was a 50-lap affair, paying $10,000 to the winner.

Wendell qualified his J&J Steel / MSE Distributing #88 GRT Ford Taurus in the 25th position, just one spot from the making the invert. That one spot cost Wendell the pole position for his heat race and instead, made him start on the inside of row three for his heat race. He wound up finishing fifth in the heat race, two positions from transferring to the Show-Me 100. Wendell would make the stellar 24-car starting field, as he finished in the second and final transfer spot in his consolation event. “The Batesville Bullet” kept working his way through the field and came home with a solid tenth place finishing position. Wendell also entered a second car, which was driven by Richie Tosh, into the event at West Plains. Richie had a strong qualifying run and made the Show-Me 100 through his heat race. Unfortunately, Richie’s night ended against the wall, relegating him to a disappointing finish.

The team loaded up after the Show-Me and headed to the event at Paducah. Wendell timed in 16th fast and was able to finish third in his heat race to advance to the main event. In the 50-lap feature event, Wendell was never a threat, as he stalled on lap 17 to bring out the first caution. He would return for the restart, but decided to pull in on lap 26, ending his night prematurely.

The team will head back to the shop for a few days and reload before they jump back into action this Friday night at Farmer City Raceway in Farmer City, IL. The team will then travel to I-55 Raceway in Pevely, MO the following day and then on to the Terre Haute Action Track in Terre Haute, IN for a Sunday night affair. All three UMP Tri-State Challenge races will pay $10,000 to win and if a driver is lucky enough to win two of the races, an additional $10,000 bonus will be awarded to that driver. Log on to www.wendellwallace.com for the latest news and information on Wendell Wallace Autosports.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

Back