Wendell Wallace Wins Second 'Show-Me 100' Title, Releases New Apparel & Merchandise!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(BATESVILLE, ARKANSAS) On a weekend that nearly went perfect for the Wendell Wallace Autosports team and driver Wendell Wallace, the Batesville, Arkansas based team picked up the $40,000 top prize on Saturday, May 27 for their efforts in winning the 14th Annual O'Reilly 'Show-Me 100' at the West Plains Motor Speedway! Wendell timed in third fastest of the 90+ entrants in qualifying on Friday evening and later won his heat race to earn the rights to the inside second row starting spot for the 100-lap A-Main to be held on Saturday.

The driver of the J&J Steel / Garrett Racing / JFR Graphics.com / Delph Communications #88 GRT / Gaerte GTO hounded early race leader Justin Wells before finally making the pass for the lead on lap thirty three. Wendell then held off Bill Frye, Scott Bloomquist, Wells, and Skip Arp over the final two-thirds of the event to claim the $40,000 payday! Wendell worked lapped traffic on the "black ice" masterfully, as his crew set-up the machine to perfection. The $40,000 win at the West Plains, Missouri oval was Wendell's second 'Show-Me 100' title, as he also took the checkers in the annual mega-event back in 2002.

Following a day to reflect and celebrate his big win at West Plains, the #88 team headed to the Kentucky Lake Motor Speedway in Calvert City, Kentucky on Monday, May 29. In the rain postponed ’99,’ Wendell rolled off twelfth for the $24,999 to win main event and had a solid run going until a flat Hoosier tire on lap ninety. He was able to change the tire and return to the speedway to finish thirteenth in the final rundown of the 99-lap event. Wendell also vied for a starting spot in the $3,000 to win O’Reilly Battle of the Bluegrass Series event later in the night at KLMS, but his night ended prematurely after breaking a torque arm and most of the rest of the components underneath the rear end in his heat race.

“Our Show-Me 100 weekend went nearly flawless,” stated a still overjoyed Wallace on Wednesday. “Looking back, I probably should have got that fast time award and the $1,800 that came along with that. I thought my teammate for the event, Raymond Merrill, had fast time and I was going to let him have that. It turned out that Chris Madden had actually timed in quicker, so that should teach me never to let up in qualifying. Aside from that, it was great to pick up another Show-Me 100 title. That place has been awfully good to me in the past and the Gibson’s do a great job at promoting and working the track. I have to thank J&J Steel, Garrett Racing, JFR Graphics, AFCO Racing Products, GRT Race Cars, Gaerte Engines, Delph Communications, and all of my other great sponsors for all of the help that they give to my program!”

The “Batesville Bullet” will hit the road this weekend for a trio of Dirt Late Model events. Wendell will invade the Paducah International Raceway in Paducah, Kentucky on Friday, June 2 for a $10,000 to win UMP Tri-Track Challenge event. It is then off to the Florence Speedway in Union, Kentucky on Saturday for the running of the annual ‘Ralph Latham Memorial.’ The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series show will pay $10,000 to the winner and will be taped by the cameras of the SPEED Channel. Wendell’s busy weekend will wrap up on Sunday at the Vermilion County Speedway in Danville, Illinois. Another $10,000 top prize is up for grabs at Danville on Sunday, as the UMP Tri-Track Challenge will wrap its mini-series up. For more information on these three shows, please visit www.umpracing.com and www.lucasdirt.com.

In other news, Wendell has recently released a plethora of exciting apparel and merchandise items on his website, which is located at www.wendellwallace.com. Stop by and check out the new t-shirts, women’s apparel, diecast cars, and window decals that are now available!

The Wendell Wallace Autosports team would like to thank the following sponsors for their continued support: J&J Steel, Garrett Racing, Gaerte Engines, JFR Graphics, Mark Martin Ford, Turbo Blue Racing Gasoline, GRT Race Cars, Monday Motorsports, C.W. Culvert, AFCO Racing Products, Hoosier Tire, Weld Racing Wheels, Simpson Racing Products, Wilwood, Dyer’s Top Rods, Comp Cams, Brodix Cylinder Heads, Schoenfeld Headers, Delph Communications, Performance Bodies, C&S Cable Construction, Brinn Transmissions, Frankland Racing Supply, Schaeffer Oil, Racing Optics, Bryant Motorsports, Race It, Cizmar, Out-Pace Racing Products, and FSR Racing Products.

For the latest news and information on the Wendell Wallace Autosports team, point your web browser to www.wendellwallace.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

Back