Wes Steidinger gets BANNED for life from Farmer City Raceway

At least as long as Don Hammer is the promoter there!! Probably banned from Lincoln as well since Hammer is the promoter there too. Steidinger may get some sort of punishment from UMP as well.

Apparently Steidinger was upset over a call on the track in which Eric Smith was given the lead over Steidinger after a caution came out. They were close at the line the lap previous to the caution.

Then after the race, Hammer is leaned in the passenger side of Steidinger's car as they discuss it and Steidinger isn't happy with the answer and takes off while Hammer is still leaning inside the car. Hammer goes rolling two or three times across the ground, gets up and jumps in his push truck and tears into the pit area and actually his Steidinger's car with his push truck and the two have some not so nice things to say in the pit area afterwards!

Hammer says Steidinger will never race at his track again!

don't stick your head in another persons car(the head will always loose). pratice what you preach...no rough driving or "fighting" allowed. very irresponsible actions by the so called promoter. should have been discussed in private not in the pits. if i were wes i wouldn't go back to either track. there are plenty of other tracks out there.

don't stick your head in another persons car(the head will always loose). pratice what you preach...no rough driving or "fighting" allowed. very irresponsible actions by the so called promoter. should have been discussed in private not in the pits. if i were wes i wouldn't go back to either track. there are plenty of other tracks out there.

I agree 100% with you on that one.

if this is the whole story, sounds like both should get some sort of punishment.

I agree with on this also.

wes has to go back if he follows the summer nats next year

He doesn't have to go anywhere. As far as the SN a lot of drivers miss one race and do just fine in the points.

Don't stick your head in another persons car. (The head will always lose.)

Or, if you're Kevin Gundaker confronting Bill Frye one time several years ago at I-55, the arm will lose. LOL

I'll be interested in how long this "lifetime" ban lasts. Some years back, Jim Leka got banned for life at Macon, yet he currently runs a modified up there.

Or, if you're Kevin Gundaker confronting Bill Frye one time several years ago at I-55, the arm will lose. LOL

I'll be interested in how long this "lifetime" ban lasts. Some years back, Jim Leka got banned for life at Macon, yet he currently runs a modified up there.

i vaguely remember that. wasn't sure who's car it was though. didn't kevin get dragged for a short distance???

He doesn't have to go anywhere. As far as the SN a lot of drivers miss one race and do just fine in the points.[/QUOTE]

Doing just fine in the points and winning a championship is two different things and every driver starts the S/N thinks championship.If you miss a race or two it's over!!

what wes did is wrong and very dangerous and if he is banned from up there i would tell him to cool down and come to i55.:confused:

I Don't See why Wes Would Be Mad Just Cause they Lined Him Up Infront of Him, He Should Know That Hes Got The Car To Pass Him, And Even If Tho He Was Mad, That Doesn't Mean He Should Have Took Off When He Had His head In There, But Hammer Shouldn't have Gottin His Push Truck, To Hit His Car, He Could Have Just Throw Him Out and Called it A Night..

I'm sure there's a lot more to this story then we're being told. What I want to know is exactly what did Hammer say to Wes on the track before Wes took off? I would be willing to bet that somebody said something they shouldn't have said. I would say it's a very strong bet that there is PLENTY of blame to go around to BOTH parties.

Personally, I think they should sit down, have a beer together, admit that they were both wrong in some way, apologize to each other, and MOVE ON!!!

In this case the official(promoter) is most definitely the problem. Someone should tell the track insurance company about his antics.

Why do these promoters get this "I am God" complex?

i vaguely remember that. wasn't sure who's car it was though. didn't kevin get dragged for a short distance???

Yep he did then crashed to the bottom of the track- I think Kevin injured his shoulder or something to do with his arm over it-

My brother and I was there that night and sitting right there in front of the action in turn 3. If i remember right Frye wasnt in his #66 car that night.

Hammer makes his own rules

A couple years ago I got T-boned by another driver in the middle of 1 and 2 at Farmer City, the other driver never let off the gas and hit me in the driver door at full speed and flipped me over and his Late Model flipped over the top of me, my roll cage callapsed and he destroyed my car. The driver got out of his car, and in front of the officials, told me and them that he did it on purpose because I supposedly cut him off in the previous corner.

The best part is Farmer City Raceway, Don Hammer and UMP didn't even suspend this guy for a week. I guess having a dad that promotes the UMP track of the year means you can do what ever you want.

My point is. If you are one of Hammer's boys, like the guy that hit me, you get a pass. I guess Wes isn't one of his boys.

Back