What about Friday Nights?

kyleaver33

Any chance of a track around here going to a Friday Night...??

In my opinion it couldnt do anything but boost there revenue and car count. Plus give the racers a chance to run at more tracks. I know that there are about 5 Tracks close enough for many locals drivers to choose from but what night do they all race on...SATURDAY.

I think of like...how many LM are at I-55 about 15-20 and at MCS 10-15 and at Mt. Vernon 10-15. All of these tracks race on a Saturday. If one of them went to a Friday that track would have a good car count and a great crowd coming out to watch.

What do all of you think...??

We have two Friday night tracks already, Godfrey, and Brownstown. I personally don't think this area would support another Friday night venue. Godfrey seems to do ok, but if another track started running on Fridays over in Mo., maybe not. Mt. Vernon would not draw any more than they do now, I don't think, because the crowd they get is the crowd they are going to get regardless of the night. It is way too far to drive to be attractive to the St Louis area fans. J/M/O

I55 Gets More Than 15-20 Late Models. As A Matter Of Fact, All The Saturday Night Tracks Are Doing Decent As Far As Car Count Goes. Even Mcs Has Picked It Up A Little. I Don't See Any Of These Places Going To Friday Nights, Ain't Gonna Happen.

I55 Wouldn't For One Reasaon, Allied Runs Belleville Also. If One Of These Places Did, It Would Just Create The Same Problem On Friday That You Are Seeking To Fix On Saturday.

Car Count

MCS only had 14 LM last weekend and that is because Mt. Vernon rained out. I dont know a lot about the I-55 count I can only imagine it being so high do to their mid-season championship.

Keep in mind that the tracks that race on the same night as the other, have to be a certain distance from the other tracks in order to run a UMP show. This is to help each track get more cars and people.

Somebody needs to go Friday nights with sprint cars. Personally, I think this is what Benton should have done instead of trying to compete w/ Farmington on Saturday nights. Farmington is averaging, what, 25-30 sprints a week? That is one heck of a weekly sprint show. Even w/ Jacksonville, Il. running sprints on Fridays, I think Benton could have had 20+ on Friday nights.

I-55 car count this past saturday had nothing to do with mid season championship night. They have had high car counts all year especially in the modifieds.

You people need to relax for christs sake I give my opinion and was just asking for some other opinions not all your ****ing criticism. I was just asking God Damn these are Forums you voice opinions and allow others to give theirs...

I feel that MCS should be a Friday night Track and not because there arent enough but because it would help all of the Tracks by freeing up alot of the racers to race at MCS on Friday and at I-55 on Saturday...or elsewhere but if you think about it and not just criticize it you might understand that it would make just a little more sense smartasses.

Calm down Kyleaver33. I reread all the posts, and what you had in response to your original thread post was other peoples' opinions, just like you asked for. No need to start calling other people smartasses and getting all bent out of shape.

And I apologize, I forgot about BC on Fridays, which is kinda stupid cause I used to go there regularly. Brain fade. I been sniffing too many paint fumes lately.

kyleaver33 said:
MCS only had 14 LM last weekend and that is because Mt. Vernon rained out. I dont know a lot about the I-55 count I can only imagine it being so high do to their mid-season championship.
Pevely averages 20-25 late models, 30-35 modifieds, 25-30 sportsman, and about 20 pro-4 stocks EVERY saturday! I'd say that's a pretty good turnout week in and week out, don't you? ;)

Back