what do you think of this gem

Nye clearly is a guy who doesn't understand NASCAR or NASA and is too busy trying to convince us about anthropogenic climate change.

I think he is full of himself

He's not a scientist at all and he has no concept of the scientific method where skepticism is the rule. With him if you're a skeptic, you're a denier which is not a scientific term at all... I also think he does too much cocaine.

Oh Dave, I usually enjoy your technical expertise and command of English. But to call Bill Nye, "he has no concept of the scientific method where skepticism is the rule." He a Fellow of the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry. A non-profit scientific group (which means they are NOT of the payroll of big corporations denying human (anthropogenic) climate change.) This organization looks into scientific inquiry, and using reason to study preternatural events, text, belief. I think Nye's article would have a more hopeful tone about racing if he had witnessed that electric powered midget rip around the track, quite impressive.
If you think that someone must be doing cocaine, because they are excited talking and teaching science. Sad.

sorrry big wheel the only one sad is bill nye what kinda credtionals does he have to merit anything you muslt like Al Gore also

Since 2014, each car has been limited to 100kg of fuel per race. All of Formula One racing's fuel suppliers engage in extensive testing programmes to optimise the fuel's performance, in the same way any other component in the car will be tuned to give maximum benefit. This will likely involve computer modelling, static engine running and moving tests. straight from the fl sight ,does ole bill know what ethanol is i betcha ole bill would be happy if NASCAR went to an all Toyota Prius line up and some thing to think abouthttp://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/08/climate-change-the-hoax-t hat-costs-us-4-billion-a-day/

Last edited:
Oh Dave, I usually enjoy your technical expertise and command of English. But to call Bill Nye, "he has no concept of the scientific method where skepticism is the rule." He a Fellow of the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry. A non-profit scientific group (which means they are NOT of the payroll of big corporations denying human (anthropogenic) climate change.) This organization looks into scientific inquiry, and using reason to study preternatural events, text, belief. I think Nye's article would have a more hopeful tone about racing if he had witnessed that electric powered midget rip around the track, quite impressive.
If you think that someone must be doing cocaine, because they are excited talking and teaching science. Sad.

I'm not really picking on Nye in particular but he along with many others love to say things like, "the science is in", "there is no debate","there is a scientific consensus" etc. First of all the science is NEVER "in" not subject to debate and there is no such thing as a scientific consensus when dealing with any theory. Science does not work that way.

Check out www.noagendashow.com, give it a few listens and see what you think.

Dave, you are correct saying,"there is no debate" with science is a oxymoron. Scientific study is a alway a moving target. Like racing drivers thought it was safer to fly out of the car years ago. Or, in Gentlemen, Start Your Engines by Wilbur Shaw. "...when we knew we were going to crash, we would duck under the cowl..." yikes! No scientific theory is considered absolutely true. However, you can say that it's supported by objective evidence.

"Scientific inquiry shouldn't stop just because a reasonable explanation has apparently been found." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Dave, Looked up No Agenda. Interesting, it would play into the hands of a friend/neighbor in back in California. Great guy, engineer, would help with the race car. He was a conspiracy theorist to the nth degree. He had fitted his house so he and his wife could live completely off the grid. (for the coming apocalypse)Wind generators sprouting from his roof (in the '70's) Garage full of stuff to try to listen for something from space. Every summer he would go to a place in the dessert to meet a group waiting for a alien spacecraft. He used to comment, "wow, you sure have a obsession with racing and old cars!" Fair comment, I think...

Shame nascsr doesn't study aerodynamics or anything for that matter[/QUOTE really now thats what they have been doing this whole year , they have been using 4 different aero packages this betcha you didn't know that did you

Back