What does Allied do exactly?

sean2

Keep Watching
I know Allied has something to do with Belleville & I-55 but both tracks race for UMP points, so I guess my question is what exactly is Allied & what do they do? Im not trying to start a bash fest here just wondering what they do for these tracks? Thanks!

AARA - Allied Auto Racing Association

They are a racing association that has a set of rules for the Sportsman, Pro4 and Pure Stock classes and have added to thier racing program the UMP Latemodels & Modifieds as their top two classes. I-55 Raceway and Belle-Clair Speedway have been using thier set of rules for many..many......MANY years, which also included St.Charles Speedway before they were shutdown. Along with the set of rules, they provide officals to organize and run the races on a weekly and timely basis, (flagmen & flagwomen, scorers, tech inspectors).

I don't think these tracks would be where they are now if wasn't for Allied Auto Racing Association.

Allied also has three classes of cars that run between these two tracks, Sportsman, pure stocks, and pro 4 stocks. Allied works with the promotors and UMP to run the show, tech cars, provide the scales, and provide the people to run the shows. Allied also has their own point fund that the drivers race for all year long. Allied started many years ago because the drivers wanted some say in how the show was run and how the rules were made up. It's sort of like a union for the drivers.

The last two inputs pretty well cover what Allied is there for. Also, they provide the points money for the top drivers at the end of the year and put on the banquet.
Compare with other tracks in the area and you will see Allied provides a good service to the dirt racing community and the two tracks that they currently work with.

:rolleyes: If you rmember a number of years back, Belleville and Allied had a falling out for a couple of years and another promoter came in. It wasn't much fun on Friday nights watching about 10 or 12 mods and maybe 6 or 8 late models run. Those of you who are old like me may remember this and how grateful we were when allied came back to the track. During that time there was no such thing as a semi-feature. Not enough cars came to the show, and the crowd eventualy became as bad as the car turn out.

The same thing happened at I-55 a few years back. The track owner at the time got rid of Allied and hired a former President of Allied to run the track. It was a complete failure. Car counts were way down and there was no one in the stands.

In come Kenny Schrader and Ray Marler. When they took over Pevely on a lease agreement, part of the agreement is that Allied runs that show. This was mandated by Schrader and Marler.

The rest is history. You can bash AARA all you want. They continue to draw the most cars, the biggest crowds and have some of the top drivers in the Nation that choose to run with them on a weekly basis.

So... with that said, before this turns into a bashing post, as it inevitably will, I will state the following...

Yes, they make some bone-headed calls from time to time. So does everyone else. It is an organization run by human beings and Ralph (LOL). There is no way to have a definite set of rules because it is impossible to cover EVERY situation that could occur.

I saw in an earlier post that Don Klein was accused of getting special treatment in making a feature at Belleville. Well, regardless of what you think of his sons, if you don't know Don Klein, then you should not say a word. Don Klein is a class act. If he does not deserve something, he will not ask for it.

I have had my differences of opinions over the years with AARA. One thing will always remain the same, wherever they go, I will be there. I followed them to St Charles on FRIDAY nights when they left Belle-Claire and I followed them to Granite City when they left I-55.

If you don't like AARA - go somewhere else! It's THAT simple. Don't go! Or, become a VOTING MEMBER! Rather than B!TCH and COMPLAIN, why not take an interest and become involved?

I was going to post this on the "Constructive Criticism" post, but that post is full of idiots that just don't get it and the post is going nowhere. If you don't like something the way it is, get off your ***** and take enough interest and become involved. Make an effort. Get out from behind your keyboard and put your time and effort where your mouth is.

I have grown up with the AARA and have yet to find an organization that has been around as long as they have and that are committed to providing a quality racing program (that gets you home before the next day).

Again, if you have SO MANY COMPLAINTS - it's simple - STAY HOME!

(This post was not directed at any particular person or post - just my opinion)

What Does Allied Do???

HMMM!!!! THEY have to Listen to me :eek: :eek: :eek: LOL!!!!
Out of all the organizations out there I BELIEVE they are the most consistant organization around. 28 pretty much hit the head on the nail. I hate to say or here if you don't like it go some where else cause that just has you chasing your tail like a dog with a bad flea !!! Yep they have their issues. And if you are brave enough go talk to the problem at hand .. I always have and always will. I have no problem hunting ANY OFFICIAL down. Only once I have not been talked back to the way I talked to the official. But I took care of that :rolleyes: :D And when you approach them just use the respect you would like back. This goes any where. Also remember timing is everything. Bad night at the track ? Maybe Sunday is a good time to call them. With all this said every track and organization have their problems.. Besides I think Ralph is TENURED .... :eek: :eek: LOL... And ALLIED has me ;)

Lisa

I Have Always Attend Races At Tracks Allied Was Running. To The Point, That When I Go To The Others, It Just Doesn't Seem The Same. Some May Say I Need To Venture Out A Little More. But, I Am Happy With Where I Go.

Aara Is Not Above Controversy At Times. Sometimes I Think It Is Their Doing And Sometimes Its The Participants. Nevertheless, Every Other Track Has Problems Here And There. Just Sit Back And Read Some Of These Post On This Site.

Like Others Have Said, I Have Had My Beefs With Allied At Times Also. But, I Usually Address Them With Someone(in A White Shirt) And Get An Explanation. I May Not Agree With It, But At Least I Get One. Not Just A Like It Or Leave It Reply.

Organization Is A Strong Point Of Allied's. That Is Very Fan And Driver Friendly.

Yes I agree that AARA runs a great ship. There are always temper tantrums and drivers not agreeing with decisions made. But the hardest job they have it making a decision at all. Most tracks turn the other cheek when a driver intentionally takes out another driver and continues to lose his cool. Allied will be the first organization to park that car and will not tolerate it. Can't keep your cool and like giving paybacks to what seems to you as an intentional hit? Then run somewhere else because John McGuire/Dennis Klein and the AARA crew will NOT tolerate rough driving and tearing up others equipment on purpose.

I've ventured to many tracks also and have never seen such organization and smooth shows as I do with AARA. I have never worked for them nor am I affiliated with them in any way. Just like the way they do things from a fans perspective and after all aren't we the boss?

RacerRod

AARA is not the problem it is the people they have working for them. If you are going to have rules stick by them. Do not inforce them for one driver and then a week later turn your head when another driver does the same thing. It might be a hard job to be a flagman but like the guy in the 1 and 2 corner should not be watching the leaders go into 3 and 4 he should be watching 1 and 2. The guy on the back stretch should not be watching the leaders cross the start/finsh line. I know these guys want to watch the race two but they have a job to do. I have seen alot of guys spin there cars and the official just looked at them knowing they were not going to be able to get it out of the way. JUST MY THOUGHTS LIKE THEM OR NOT

Allied {Mudslinger}

Mudslinger, If you think that you can do a better job than apply, your opinion for what it is stinks. As for the flagmen you try watching all over the track and see if you do not miss some things, They are Human, I guess you never miss anything.

Back