What drivers had the best rivalry?

craterracer

And why? Lets keep it local. My dad tells me Don Klein and Kenny Schrum had a good one.

When Klein came into the picture both Eby and Shrum were at the top of their game. I liked both Eby and Shrum, but was a #1 Eby fan. It seemed like way back then that driver's and officials cheated for Klein. Eby was such a layed-back person whenever I complained, he would just smile.

Shrum, however appeared a little more hot-headed.

Here's a few I can remember from the 70s/80s growing up around the Highland track...

Carl Poser/Bob Faust (this one got ugly a couple times)
Chris Bargetzi/Dennis Sellers/Bill Faust (a-mods)
Dennis Sellers/Bret Weil (mods)
Dennis Sellers/Mark Faust (mods/lates)
Rick Kloos/Kevin Gundaker (mods)
Randy Perkins/Ron Sensel (sportsmen)
Brad Loddeke/Don Hobbs (sportsmen)
Brad Loddeke/Marty Smith (sportsmen)

Here in Southwest Missouri-on the Asphalt it started with David Goldsberry/Larry Phillips then developed into Mark Martin/Larry Phillips.
On the dirt the best in the 80's had to be Billy Moyer/Larry Phillips for special events and on the weekly show Ken Essary/Phillips and Ken Essary/Roger Chism

Through The 80's Around Stl, I Would Say Donnie Klein, Mike Hammerle And Eddie Dixon! It Was Usually One Of The Three Winning Ever Week. I Was In The Grandstands In Those Days. The Drivers Seemed To Get Along, But The Fans In The Stands Didn't Always.

Ahhh, The Good Ole' Days!

I'm not certain which rivalry was more intense...........

Russ Wallace and Wib Spalding

or

Judy Wallace and Rose Spalding.

john seets and ray walsh at tri city when they ran the amods on the half mile. john seets and mike hammerle at godfrey in the old amods

Jerry Cook and Richie Evans. Has got to be one of the greatest rivalries I can think of! I have read so many unbelievable stories about these two, that it seems it would be hard to find tougher rivals.

Back