What gear?

dconn69

Trying to figure out what gears sportsman cars run at Highland Il and Fredericktown Mo.

I heard that people running I55 run anything from a 6.50 to 7.00? Anyone heard of that? 6.83 and 7.00 seem like it would be a lot of gear.

I run a 6.83 at I-55, it seems ok.....I ran a 7.16 at Highland and didnt think it was enough unless you stayed up top........I'll try it at Fredricktown, cause it's all I got.....:D

I'm somewhere around 7300 with the 6.83 on a tacky track.......probably 7000 to 7100 on a dry track......

mite be a little late

I run a 7.00 final at highland weekly and turn 6400 6600 on bottom and 6800 to 7100 on top just my advise

I think I will probably try something around a 7.00-7.16 at Highland and just see how it does. Kind of unsure as to which one of those though.

Has anyone ran at Shepp Speedway? Curious as to what gear to run there. Was thinking a 6.83 or 7.00 but not really sure.

I'm pretty new to the technical aspect of dirt racing, I am just a spectator trying to learn more. BUt why do you turn more RPM's on a tacky track? I thought a dry track would allow the tires to spin more and have less traction and a tacky track would let them dig in more and put everything to the ground with out over revving the motor. Can someone explain the difference?

I'm pretty new to the technical aspect of dirt racing, I am just a spectator trying to learn more. BUt why do you turn more RPM's on a tacky track? I thought a dry track would allow the tires to spin more and have less traction and a tacky track would let them dig in more and put everything to the ground with out over revving the motor. Can someone explain the difference?
Just like you say on a slick track you bust the tires, so you have to have a softer foot as compaired to a wide open on tacky.

Back