what gives?

8m ministock

I was reading about the rules for drr on the rams web site when i read one about stock rods. I do not agree with this. If we chevy guys have to run stock rods we are screwed!!! BOBBY, KENNY, GARY, and anyone else involved with rule making at DRR, please read the rams web ..... click on the one that says...things need changed...and read my comments. I would re-write it on here but I am a slow typer, so please check it out. THANKS, BRIAN:confused:

The stock rod rule is a rule that Bob has had since day one. I personnally would like to see aftermarket rods, but DRR rules say no. Garey Cruse's truck ran stock rods and it was turned 6800-7200 all the time. The trouble with Marty's motors this year were due to the rods being resized wrong. From the best of my knowledge aftermarket rods are ILLEGAL in the RAMS also, unless the rule was changed in 2004.I don't think Bob is going to change any more rules to try to get the two any closer........ Kenny

Thanks for the reply Kenny, I look at you as a friend so don't take this personally..... the fact that the rule has been there since day one dosen't mean much...there has been changes in rules since day one { like cam gear for fords} If gareys truck turned that rpm with stock rods i'll kiss your .....no, wait a minute....I don't want to say that, that could be harmfull to my health.... LOL It's possiable Garey knows something chevy don't about makin them work, now if he would just tell that secret. LOL I have talked to some people on 4m web and they told me the stock rods will not take that kind of rpms....BUT...I know how racing is ....just like martys rods were stock LOL All I can say is IF i beat someone it will be something I can be proud of because I will do it by the rules.

I will ask Cruse what rod number he ran. Duckdog will probably refreshen the old #17 and be able to tell anyone what rods are inside.

I've ran stock rods with arp bolts for 3 years and have never broke a rod. My problems this year were in the valvetrain. Now I've never turned mine at no 6800 plus but 6200 wasn't a problem. But then I'm still looking for a feature win too so i'm not exactly one to listen to.

Thanks Wheel, you will win some features in 2005. I have been in contact with Miss Cleo and that is what she said..........LOL

i was just trying to give 8m a little reassurance. But if he's already broke one then I see his concern.

I hope Miss Cleo is right...I've came close quite a few times in the last 2 years but it will happen when I work a little harder and get it there.

Kenny
I may be wrong but I think Gary, Marty and myself all ran the 987 stock cast rods with the 11/32 arp bolts. And I know the old truck Bill bought had those in it also. Still broke? Best of luck guys. Waiting now to see the rules for 2005.
Keith

Thanks for the info KENNY, I will try to locate a set of those rods. Again KENNY has came through doing everything he can to help other racers( and i need all the help i can get ) Thanks KENNY........ WHEEL 21, thanks for the reassurance, I just want to race....and when I am sidelined by machanical problems it kills me, and the fact that I am not a very good mechanic does not help....But I will keep after it. Hopefully this tip on what rod to run will keep me out there every week this coming season. thanks guys, brian

I will check with Garey tommorrow and make sure the rod # he told me is correct or if it is the # that Keith said. Garey and Keith are the ones that know them 2.5's better than anyone........

ok, that sounds good to me, I will check back here from time to time to see if there is a change in the number on the rods. Thanks KEITH for the input, just want the little 2.5 to stay toghter AND be legal. thanks, brian

Brian, refer to Keith's post about the rods. We looked at the rods he has for his spare motor and 987 is the number.

remove

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Back