What good tracks are around Springfield

62racn

Will be up around Springfield Labor Day weekend and looking to check some racing out. What tracks are good up in that area. Was thanking about Jacksonville. Any tracks run on saturday nites.

Thanks,
Nick

tracks

jacksonville il has been having some really good close racing in all classes last week there where 5 r si flippes i lost count on how many flipped so that is all i know of tracks here

Attachments

• logo2007midwestdtfactsMARCUSversionjpeg.JPG
    logo2007midwestdtfactsMARCUSversionjpeg.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 303
Thanks Albert and racenut. But Lincon Speedway it is. Racenut you say I-55 North exit126 and east about 2 mi. thats easy directions. I was thanking about going to Spoon River but I figured Id get lost beings its been about 10yrs since Ive been there. Also Lincon is is closer.

No problem...I might be there also...
I'll be wearing a Midwestdirttrackfacts.com t-shirt if you see me please stop me and introduce yourself
Racenut....:D

Oh yeh, Macon Speedway also races Saturday nights....

Attachments

• logo2007midwestdtfactsMARCUSversionjpeg.JPG
    logo2007midwestdtfactsMARCUSversionjpeg.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 288
It is a longer drive than Lincoln, but you won't be disappointed in Fairbury. That Saturday is the annual $10,000 to win Prarie Dirt Classic presented by Lynn Chevrolet/Buick. THe show is well ran, the track has been in excellent shape this year, and some of the best dirt late model drivers in the country will be there. It is $20 to get in and it will be well worth the drive.

Jacksonville is like thirty minutes...?

They have the Midwest All Star sprints Friday night... It will be a real good one

One hour west of Springfield in Pittsfield Sept.1st and 2nd is the 8th Annual Pike County Nationals presented by Keizer Aluminum Wheels and Hoosier Tire Midwest. Just take I-72 west out of Springfield to the Grigsville/Pittsfield exit, then simply follow US 54 all the way to the west edge of Pittsfield. The sign for the turnoff to the track will be on the left.

Last year we had over 40 cars in the winged outlaw micro-sprint class, and nearly 30 in the non-wing micro class. The wing class will pay $2000 to the winner, with $1000 to the non-wing champ and a possible $350 each to the stock and restrictor winners.

The action gets started each night with hotlaps at 6:00 pm. Saturday night will be time-trials and heat races, with the semis, dashes, and features rolling off Sunday night.

As an added bonus, it's absolutely free to get in Saturday night, as it's our annual Fan Appreciation night.

wont be able to get off work eairly enough friday to any races on friday nite.
Would like directions to Macon race track

directions to Macon

If you are coming from the Springfield area get on I-72 west towards Decatur. When near Decatur the Interstate will split 2 lanes left and 2 lanes right. Stay all the way right because there will be an exit to take right after the split. The exit will say Pana (I believe) and it will be Rt. 51. Stay on this road until you reach Macon, it will be about 5-10 minutes. Take a right at the gas station and follow this road over some R.R. tracks and a few blocks down the track will be on the left (turn on the road just before the track). You could always look at google maps or yahoo maps if you need a visual. Hope this helps. Also Jacksonville is also running on Sunday the 2nd this weekend too (besides the friday night show people have mentioned on here). The Sunday (September 2nd) show at Jacksonville will be $4000 to win UMP late models 50 lapper and also $750 to win UMP modifieds and $400 to win street stocks. It is an $18 admission.

Back