What happens in Florida Stays in Florida

Trashdog

I've finally recovered from being half dead upon my return from Florida. My attorney has advised me that it's best for what happened on my great trip to remain secret. At least until all the litigation is done.

Honest to God I didn't know hotel furniture was that flamible, and no the livestock wasn't part of some animal sacrifice cult!!! Uh oh I said too much.

Trust me there's logical explinations for everything that happened, REALLY, there is!!!

Well I must not violate the gag order so I'll just start by saying thank you to the many people that helped me while I was in self imposed exile down South.

Dean Motsinger for getting the smokey joe road worthy and putting that cool 8 inch spoiler on it. You don't see many mini vans with 8 inch UMP legal spoilers. I was the envy everywhere I went.

Mel Kinnaird and Debbie Pemberton(See I did remember your name)for putting up with me in Georgia and for putting up with me and adopting me...lol I think I left my Motsinger Motorsports hat in the back of your truck.

Scott and Kevin Ferguson for giving me bad directions to the hotel and buying me lots of beer in the pool hall and feeding me at the Sizzler...Yummy...lol Oh and letting us hide in your trailer when it was like 18 degrees outside.

Stan Lester for putting on a great show in unseasonably cold weather and hooking us up with a fine hotel(Next year in Florida...PLEASE).

To the nice GM guys for telling me how to cheat the FASTRAK engines. My knowlege will go to the highest bidder come racing season...lol

Comfort Inn for having Broad Band in the rooms and not pressing charges.

Chris Stotler for being a weird guy that I met at the 8th Air Force museum, I know you wanted to be more than friends but Trashdog ain't nobody's *****!!!

Jeff Mills for getting my stuff in the emails and co-ordinating with Jimmy Dearing to get my stuff posted quickly from the races.

Jimmy Dearing for getting things lined out at Golden Isle and Valushia, shame I wasn't able to make it to any of the shows there.

Gene the nice PR lady from East Bay for making me feel and home and helping out with information that was extreamly helpfull.

To the folks at the Orlando Speedpark and New Smyrna, I've always wanted to visit those 2 tracks and they are both fine facilities. I just wish I knew more about asphalt racing so I wouldn't of felt like such a fish out of water all the time.

To the nice folks at the Howard Johnson's in Orlando, FL for being so understanding when that chair accidently crashed through my window and into the pool.

Mark Voigt for shooting the breeze with me whenever I came by. Shame the luck wasn't with you there, you came so close so many times to getting into the show.

The Pendergas family for feeding me during the modified portion of speedweeks at East Bay.

Leonard Motsinger for letting me have access to the cool condo in Orlando during week 2. It's amazing a whole week without mysterious fires, cattle stampedes or flying furniture....hmmmmm

Highlights of the trip was seeing lots of racing and race cars, lowlight was getting sick on the 3rd day out and remaining sick through the entire trip.

Most memorible shots was the Patrick Sheltra flip at East Bay, the only time I can remember taking pictures and thinking "Oh my God when is he going to stop flipping?", fortunatley Patrick walked away with only a broken hand.

Best shot that I missed is a tie between Billy Moyer riding wheelies around the East Bay pit area on a dirt bike and the right cross that Randy Korte dealt to Scott James.

Travel broadens the mind, I learned a lot on this trip, I really got to know my gear well and will take that into the 2005 season. I had a blast, most of the time, next year I will see the ocean...lol I think I'm the only one that went to Florida that didn't see a theme park or see the ocean.

John Barr
The Trashdog

Trashdog, for the most dedicated midwest dirt track racing photographer! Take a bow dog, you darn well deserve it! And thanks for all the great shots from sunny Florida to give us all who could not be there a taste of southern dirt. A truly bright ray of racing sunshine in the midst of a cold damp midwestern winter.:)

It was nice seeing you in East Bay Trashdog!!All though it wasn,t very nice breaking my foot in the bleachers!!!Had a big night of drinking planned after the races,whith you,and my hero Bob Bizelli,and all of his clan!Sorry i only made it till the end of the heat races..I,m sure i will make it up sometime thru out this season!!!!

Dog, Did enjoy you'r updates made me wish I was there. O well mabe next year.Hope to see you all at Enid Moter Speedway in The fall I'f not b4.An wishing all The Saint Louis Racing Folks,good luck, an a great racing year.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm that was upon legal cousel advice. Brooke kind of found out I'm not really worth a hundred million trillion dollars....lol

John Barr
The Trashdog

Trashdog said:
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm that was upon legal cousel advice. Brooke kind of found out I'm not really worth a hundred million trillion dollars....lol

John Barr
The Trashdog

I SEE, YOU TOLD HER YOU HANDLE MONEY ALL DAY. JUST DIDN'T TELL HER YOU SHRED IT??? I CAN SEE WHERE THE CONFUSION WOULD COME IN. :D

Hey Dog, you forgot to mention one of my most important contributions to your trip. No, not all the credentials, I'm talking about the phone calls keeping you awake while driving....! LOL.... I bet Mel thinks you are quite the driver!

With the exception of falling asleep on Georgia highway 16 for 15 miles and going sholder to sholder, the phone calls really helped keep my mind functioning.

I think Mel was wondering what I was doing for that stretch of highway....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

John Barr
The Trashdog

Back