what i learned at tri city meeting

sparky

here is some of what i gathered at the meeting today:

1. kevin is very sincere about making this facility a first class outfit. ill go into the upgrades later but you can tell in the sincerity of his presentation that he is in it for the long haul and wants it to be a family and racer friendly place to go.

2. upgrades: where do i start, lighting is going to addressed from the get go, track, half and quarter, plus the hot pit area.
bleachers was a topic of discussion, that will be addressed, sound system in the pit and grandstands, will be upgraded.
signs that block the backstretch will be removed,
the back gate will serve as the main entrance to the pits, getting the fans away from the haulers coming in and out.

3. playground for the little ones, wich will be monitored, possibly a family section no alcohol, or smoking.

4. 3/8 mile track coming in 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. no inverts for all classes, ya run in front in your heats ya start up front in the features
6. transponder cases were for sale for 10.00,
7. transponders scoring was explained in detail, will be able to do cks, points and stuff from same computer.
8. draw pill from bingo machine, no doubt bout how did this guy draw low pill 7 weeks in a row.
8. other stuff discussed any others i missed add it on fellows

sparky

bout the only thing i know is bout the street stock the only obvious changes was you can run a claimer pan now and no outside iron.

also was told the cubic inch checker would be put to use, and will be a tech guy for lates and mods and a tech guy for sportsman and streetstocks

also new chassis, cage and frame for latemodel and mod champ, dirtworks chassis for mod and forget thelatemodel chassis brand, dont have to run the brand to win it

and of course doug you may lol, should be a good year hey guy,

by the way dennis murphy will be asked back for the track photo job, wwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooo

The Best Thing I Heard Is, Everyone!!! Involved With A Yellow Goes To The Back No Sh!t You Go To The Back And You Get Your Spot Back I Think Kevin And Tammy Are Going To Bring Back The Tri-city Speedway We Have Needed Back Around For Years I Was Really Impressed And Im Sure Im Not Alone On This One [thumbs Up To The Gundakers]

the rule on lowers

The best highlight was the issue with the lower controll arm bushing must be stock (rubber or urethane) No mono ball pivot There was someone that open mouth and said he ran them for the past 6 years. That im sure will make a lot of D.Q.'s

ok.. racefan4ever... how do you be involved in a yellow, go to the back, and you get your spot back??? i'm not starting anything, just trying to figure out what you posted. somebody help me out here, please. thanks

I didn't understand it either...it also has no punctuation to help and every word begins in caps. Not sure why people do that.

Mike

I'm very excited about TCS this year! Can't wait to see the progression of the track. And what really amazes me is that we finally have a promotor that not only listens to the drivers and fans, but has the ability and drive to carry out the idea! Three cheers for the Gundakers!!!!! Sundays are back!!!!!

What I saw a the meeting was a lot of people wanting the Gundakers to build Rome in a day. Lets just give them some space and be thankful for any improvements that may come along. They can't please everyone and it would be a huge mistake if they even tried to.

Terry Chester

Congratulations to the Gundaker family for acquiring a track that needs ALOT of work and a track that has ALOT of potential.. Your BIG ideas look GREAT !!! And as a fan I am looking forward to it! I just hope that the average fan understands that these changes just won't happen over night and that it might take afew years to implement the changes that are projected. We wish you the BEST of Luck.... My money is on Tammy to get this place is shape :D ;)
One suggestion: Keep the Drinking- Smoking- close to the concession stand! I hate to miss a race due to my drinking habit :eek: After all we do spend the most money :D LOL!!! '
Good Luck and see you when the river is way up or way down :) After all Sundays are for boating ;) :D

Lisa

tc521 said:
Lets just give them some space and be thankful for any improvements that may come along.

Terry Chester

I agree, TCS has been the same for years, so givem' time! It was nice for Kevin to show a genuine interest in what people thought and would like to see. How many times do other promoters around here actually do that?

Back