What I learned from the real rules meeting

Grange

Range 65
My first rules meeting so I thought I would post a report. This is in no particular order.

1) Honda's will not get a 10 second lead. (I lobbied as hard as I could)

1.5) You can not smoke indoors in Illinois. And for the smokers it was cold outside.

2) Jessica does not have to wear a yellow rookie stripe.

2.5) Test and tune is March 22nd from around 12-4. Racing starts March 29th.

3) NO ALUMINUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you can not fabricate your own body. Must be stock fenders and panels.

3.5) Allied is looking for officials.

4) You must run a muffler. Does not matter what kind, but you CAN NOT fabricate your own. You must buy it, and weld or clamp it on.

5) No nitrious!!!!! no exceptions

6) Vehicle must be stock with no alterations to the engine. (I know what everyone is thinking but the official said it with a straight face). Stock vehicle with stock engine!

7) Your vehicle must be stock......... but there will not be a vacuum rule.

8) If you have a blue mustang with 66 on the side and your name is Racin Jason you must always start at the rear of the pack!

9) Here is a real important one straight out of the rule book. And I heard that several people were going to utilize it this year to keep people from stinking up the show again!!!!!!!!
ANY DRIVER OR SPECATOR CAN CLAIM ANY CAR FOR $600 CASH. $500 WITH A FEATURE FINISHING CAR.

10) If you run a sportsman..... do not lighten your crank as it will be checked. So if you spent $1500 on a lightened crank you will be able to use it for a boat anchor.

11) No low profile tires. (Crump says.... 60 series or higher are allowed) No 20" dubs are allowed.

12)We get paid this year and the point fund is posted in the rule book.

13) Someone actually tapes each race and sells them.

Oh yeah and NO ALUMINUM! Did I mention no aluminum? what is the spanish word for aluminum?

What I'm not sure of after the meeting.

1) The definition of aluminum.

2) How you tell if a vehicle is stock if you do not tech it.

3) Why Jessica does not have to sport the Nascar yellow rookie stripe.

4) If a car that looks like a modified and is all aluminum will be able allowed to run in the class.

5) How many cars will show up, but it appears we will probably have a bunch this year. Somewhere around 30 or so.

6) If the reserved table for 18th in points will be in the mens room @ the banquet next year.

Looks like it is going to be a real fun competative year. Lets just hope everyone uses their head and understands that we are out here to be competative, be safe and have fun. And running over someone for a position is not worth hurting someone . Be patient and use your head.

Feel free to add anything you learned that I missed.

Please define aluminum?????? and will painted alumimum with metal flake allow a magnet to stick to it??:rolleyes: Griffaw (spelling?) will bring his magnet, He said he would.

Just bring your cars and race clean. I'm sure it will be the same deal as last year as long as people dont go claiming everything that may appear to be fast.

If you are getting lapped, MAKE YOU CAR FASTER.

Does aluminum make you faster????????

Crump

Aluminium (IPA: /ˌæljʊˈmɪniəm/, /ˌæljəˈmɪniəm/) or aluminum (/əˈluːmɪnəm/, see spelling below) is a silvery white and ductile member of the poor metal group of chemical elements. It has the symbol Al; its atomic number is 13. It is not soluble in water, under normal circumstances. Aluminium is the most abundant metal in the Earth's crust, and the third most abundant element overall, after oxygen and silicon. It makes up about 8% by weight of the Earth’s solid surface. Aluminium is too reactive chemically to occur in nature as the free metal. Instead, it is found combined in over 270 different minerals.[

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the definition.

All joking aside, I am glad to see that rules will be followed this year. This class should be for fun and experience not about who spends the most.

Cudos to the allied folks for their efforts.

Okay boys one question: were still going left? we arent changing that to right, are we? LOL Idk..Dad told me to post that.

Gary, C'mon now man, I dont need a freakin yellow stripe!! I think you just wanna make sure your behind the right car? Am I right? Thats right! Gary will always be behind StarRacer LOL...this year at least :)

Let's have a great year boys!!

Brad, did you say you ate paint chips as a child?

HE IS ALIVE, I was wondering when you where going to come out of the closet, huh , I mean huh, You know what I mean.

Whats wrong with eating paint chips??????

How is the cavi comin along?

Crump

Good One Jessica, you got me..... That was awesome.

Just remember when you turn right instead of left make sure im not next to ya.

Actually the yellow stripes were so we could see the back of your car as we will be coming up on it so fast, and im worried about your safety....... from someone rear-ending you.:eek:

You know like those construction barrels on the highway.:D

I did not eat paint chips as a child. I did go to the lead capitol of the world for high school(Herculaneum). That may have screwed me up a little bit.

I partly agree with what was said at the meeting. I a person wants to make their doors out of aluminum, go for it. I just think that making an entire car out of it kind of steers away from what makes this class fun. we are not supposed to have cars that look like late models. we need cars that still look like what they did when they were built.

Also, i do not agree with trying to create and or change the rules to suit a person or group of persons. We have rules for a reason, and i think everyone should follow them as closely as they can. Dont build a car how you want and tell everyone to do the same just to be legal. We are going to price ourselves out and we will lose cars.

Bottom line, no matter what the rules say, the person with the best talent to $$ ratio will win the most. JMO

HE IS ALIVE, I was wondering when you where going to come out of the closet, huh , I mean huh, You know what I mean.

Whats wrong with eating paint chips??????

How is the cavi comin along?

Crump

yeah hes alive
as for the cavi i wish people would get it right on who owns it though
i here hes looking for a driver lol

Oh boys

Fish, thats definately obvious.:D

Gary- yah yah buddy we shall see. I'm ready to get back out there and whip your butt :p

And I have a question, whos freakin idea was it for all of us to have mufflers? Who doesnt enjoy the "BAAAAPBAAAAPBAAAAAP" that we so loudly roar every Saturday night???

The people who live in the new houses @ the top of the hill. You can use a race muffler, it will still be loud. You do not have to use a quiet one like is on your focus.

Dude I wasn't in the closet, I was busy refiling my Elton John LP's... alphabetical you know. The cavi is no more, it has become a sunfire and it is pretty much down to paint and decals. Had to change everything over to aluminum errrrrcrump. Almond you eat what you want and don't worry about what people say. As far as paint chips, organic is the way to go though.

Fish: some of us have jobs so don't call me after my bedtime to remind me that you are in a mod now.

Back