What is deal with DEI

Crate51

hendrick fan 4 life
I was wondering what people thought of the situation at dei.Why is jr blowing engines like crazy.Take away all the blown engines and he is in the chase.And to listen to the radio conversations during the race sounds like LIL E is really tired of it.just wondering what everyone thought.

More than motors is "blowing" at DEI... Teresa may have helped build the empire, but it is evermore obvious who made the decisions in the shop and who signed the checks and balanced the checkbook...

I am NOT the model Hendrick fan, I have always been a dyed in the wool Earnhardt fan. Rooted for Sr. for many years til he passed.... But I am so freakin' happy to see Jr. go to HMS!!! Teresa has the right to look out for her own, and I don't agree that she should have given it all to Jr. but WTF has she been thinking? When it comes to Junior, she IS the evil stepmother. It is time for Junior to stop missing out on **** and get the equipment and support that he needs to do his thing. I think that even behind Jeff and Jimmy, he is STILL gonna get better treatment there than he did with Teresa at the helm of DEI...

My thoughts on the engine performance this year are quite simple. And I believe it's been discussed at length during the T.V. broadcasts. The engine shop is simply being asked to get everything out of that engine as they can. They're pushing it to the very limits. It's shown as Dale Jr. has been a front runner in nearly every race this year. The down side has been the failures as a result of pushing too hard. You can't blame them for trying, they've been behind the "8" ball pretty much all season. No pun intended.

While I agree that Teresa is making some poor decisions I have a theory for her reasoning. I think she's still mourning over loosing Dale. She's trying her best to make him proud. Unfortunately it's going to be the demise of DEI if it continues. As for now, Martin Truex Jr. is the saving grace for DEI and the possibility of adding the likes of Kasey Kahne or someone with equal talent into the 8 team next year. Some people take longer to heal than others. She may never get over Dale dying. And if not, she'll continue to run the business in the same manner.

In addition, I believe that Junior will prosper in 2008 under the Hendrick banner. It may be his best shot at the Championship ever. I look for at least 4 wins and he'll handedly make The Chase without a problem as long as they can keep the penalties and DNF's to a minimum.

He can't win so he's pressing the clutch and hammering the gas!!!!!! Just kidding. I think Dei is just trying to hard to keep up and not building a strong enough motor.

i have been a hendrick fan for along time and i was blown away when jr said he was going to drive for hendrick.not just because it would just push the hendrick power house to the next level but because jr needs and deserves this.he would have never got the chance he will get if he stayed at dei.and the bad part is he will no longer drive the his fathers team.in my oipinion if sr was alive this would never happen!!!!!!!im not bad mouthing theresa but look at the finishes since sr has left.they have had there spot lot a few times but nothing like it was headed when sr was running the joint.
one other thing jr has to watch out for is people saying that rick wont give him the stuff he gives gordon or jimmie.you know that will come up if jr doesnt win in his first couple races.thats how people are.i hope this works out for theresa and jr both.

I'm one of the biggest Jr. fans you will ever meet, but I doubt that Hendrick will hold anything back from Jr. that he gives to Jeff and Jimmie. I think Rick understands the situation and pressure that comes with signing the most popular driver in the sport. If anything, I can see him going above and beyond to make sure that Jr. is given everything that he needs or desires.

I don't think Theresa's deal has anything to do with mourning the loss of Sr. If it did, then I would think that she would be trying to honor his legacy by keeping Jr. at DEI. And, no, I do not think that Jr. should have just been given the company, but yes, I think he absolutely deserved controlling interest (51%).

Unless they are able to make some major advances, I think within a few years it will be bye, bye DEI.

dei

the way I look at this is Dale Sr.needed someone to step up and give him a chance w/ top notch equipment,the same is happening w/ Jr. now. 2008 and beyond will show it. GOOD LUCK Jr. Also look at it this way she runs it in the ground ,Jr. buys controling interest in DEI for less than he would right now.

More than motors is "blowing" at DEI... Teresa may have helped build the empire, but it is evermore obvious who made the decisions in the shop and who signed the checks and balanced the checkbook...

I am NOT the model Hendrick fan, I have always been a dyed in the wool Earnhardt fan. Rooted for Sr. for many years til he passed.... But I am so freakin' happy to see Jr. go to HMS!!! Teresa has the right to look out for her own, and I don't agree that she should have given it all to Jr. but WTF has she been thinking? When it comes to Junior, she IS the evil stepmother. It is time for Junior to stop missing out on **** and get the equipment and support that he needs to do his thing. I think that even behind Jeff and Jimmy, he is STILL gonna get better treatment there than he did with Teresa at the helm of DEI...
Could'nt have said it better.

I dont think anyone would put a car on the track to lose! Jr just pushes too hard ! H wants to win as badly as anyone there and gives it all he has, which turns out to be too much. as for mean old stepmom, she should have given in, Jr built the team, he should have control period, instead he had to take orders from a possiable boyfriend?

JR is an average driver who doesn't know how to take car of his car. He will blow engines for DEI and Hendricks. Inconsistant is his middle name.

Jr did not build the team. Dale Sr. built the team (along with some help from Budweiser). If Sr. wanted Jr. to control the team, don't you think he would have made it that way. To say Jr. built DEI is crazy.

it will just be a matter of time before everyone is badmouthing HMS and saying that they are giving Jr. inferior equipment if he doesn't start off good next year. He will need to work hard to outdo even what Kyle Busch did at HMS. Hopefully we will see him upfront in good equipment.

There is always a step child on every multi owned teams.

He is not the first driver to change teams. Not the first driver to have controversey and not the last. I am just amazed how everyone thinks he is GOD to the RACING WORLD. I like him but a little befuttled at the incredible statements being made. Why would you not want the team you owned not make the top 10. :(

as far as jr blowing motors.i dont think so.they spend alot of money on those engines so they will last even if you push it hard.i mean look at it this way.look at the weekend racers around here.they dont have no where near the research or time in one engine that nextel teams have and they really push there engines every weekend trying to get a little more out of it.i think jr is frustrated with not getting control of the team and is frustrated because he isnt winning just like any othre driver would do.i can say this i bet you anything you will see a huge change in jr attitude when this year is over and he starts at hendricks.

my opinion

well i have to look at there "golden boy"Truex. running good with no problems and jr is having all these problems it sounds like the engine packages have been switched so Truex can take the lime light for D.e.ias far as Tereasa i think she made the wrong decision,JR is D.E.i and that will be seen!if dale sr. was here things would be different but hes not so the ***** is here to screw up everything.jr did right by going to hendrick and darrel waltrip gave jr some help with is decision.truex is a good driver and he has picked it up this year but DEI will not be the same...

Earnhardt Jr Getting The Shaft

EARNHARDT SR WAS THE #3 THE GRANDAD WAS # 8 NOW HE WONT BE RUNNING EAITHER NUMBER THAT MEANS EVERYTHING TO HIM.............I PERSONALLY THINK HE SHOULD OF HAD THE OPPERTUNITY TO RUN WITH THE # 3 HIS MOM NEEDS SOMTHING STIFF TO FIX HER SELFISH BUTT.................DALE SR MADE WHAT THE TEAM IS TODAY.......ALSO WITH SONS HELP............TOO BAD THE EARNHARDT KIDS CANT BUILD THEIR OWN TEAM.............AT LEAST IF DALE JR CANT RUN THE 8 DONT LET ANYONE RUN IT ....................HOPEFULLY HE ISNT REBELLING AGAINST THE DEI TEAM.................HIS DADDY WOULDNT APPROVE OF WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW..............JRS ALITTLE COCKY BUT STILL A HELL OF A RUNNER DESPITE WHAT IS GOING ON .............:rolleyes:

Back