What`s Wrong with Car

Mun11

Dissent Sixties Hippie
Mrs. Rush, I understand that you and mr. Keith were judges at the car show. I talked to Mr. Keith about what problems he had with the car in order to try to repair them, Mr. Keith told me that he could not remeber what the problems were that put us out but that you should know so would you please list them in your post so they may be fixed, we would like to have a nice car. # 11 Mod. Thanks a bunch it should help us a lot.

Please let me state that there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with your car. You should take it out and be very proud of it. (Although I would hate to take it on the track with the chance of it getting messed up!)

I didn't realize all the work that had gone into it until a friend told me to go up close and check out the details, if he hadn't, I probably would not have noticed. I can tell that someone put a lot of effort and time into the details. It's really something you don't normally see on a car that's going out on a dirt track to get beat and banged on. The person who did it is obviously an artist and very good at what they do. I noticed that DuPont is one of your sponsors. They should be proud - they are sponsoring a very nice looking car. It looks more like a show car than a race car.

As far as the judging, I was personally judging on aesthetics and did happen to vote for your car. I've been around racing for as long as I can remember, but I'm no mechanic, so I judged on looks only. I don't believe there were any criteria to be judging on (we were a little unorganized with Jeff being out), so we didn't have any guidelines. I believe another judge was someone who worked for the lumber company, so that was another unbiased person - most likely someone who knew nothing about cars.

I hate that you had a bad experience and are upset. I can understand why. I'm just reaching here, but maybe it was where the car was located, maybe it was the fact that there were more A mods there than other classes, I honestly don't know. I can't speak for anyone but myself. I'm sorry.

Tracy Ruch

show

Tracy, you are the first person that has explained to me what went on. Thank you for giving me a HONEST answer. You are a very nice lady. Thank You.

visit the animal shelter and give a pet a good home

That's the sweetest paint job i've ever seen on a dirt car! All I can say is get that first scratch out of the way so you can just go out and race it! haha

Well i used to car show and ive learned alot from car show judging, just bc u have the nicest paint job, the most work in your car or whatever the case may be, dont meant nothing in car show judging.

I had a very nice truck that was all tricked out with custom paint, custom interior chormed motor, all the fixings and couldnt tell u how many times i got beat by stock trucks that look like the just came off the showroom floor.

Alot of times if the judges didnt like that style i wouldnt even place, every judge has thier style and if u dont meet what they like, then your not going to win.

Give me a break

I sure hope this is no indication on how this year is going to be. I have built many, many race cars over the years and I always build them to please myself (since I will be driving it) and to please the sponsors!!! People have different tastes!!! This is absolutely ridiculous that you are this upset over a doggone car show, and that you called my dad on Sunday morning to cry about this!! Keep in mind that he is just helping out Curley......he is not getting paid to do any of this so chill out. I have always been worried about winning races, not the car show.
It is nice that you take pride in the appearance of your equipment, but my friend, you have went a little overboard with this. This is all I have to say about this so hopefully everyone can go race and help build the best little racetrack together!!!! I do not want to argue on this site, so sorry if you are offended in any way. Jason Keith

By the way, if you are not the person who called him this morning, then sorry for going off.

I was at the show Saturday and your car was extremely nice...but you do realize that everyone that owns a car puts alot of hard work into them, both cosmetically and under the hood. Are you saying that yours is better than anyone else's? That becomes a matter of opinion, which are alot like buttholes - everyone has one! As long as YOU like your car, that is all that counts. Better yet, don't you think it's performance on the track tremendously outweighs it's performance in Gifford's parking lot? I would much rather have a trophy for my car winning the dash than looking pretty. Trust me, exterior beauty is so temporary!

First of all... I was not a judge - just a spectator...

I was at the show on Saturday and spent ALOT of time walking the line looking at the cars. I did not personally know any of the drivers, did not mingle with the drivers. I did converse with a few people. Each car had its own characteristics. You can never tell what a person is looking for when they are looking/judging. What catches my eye may turn someone else off. Some cars you could tell had alot of time and effort in the detailing of the cars, some were there to show, and some to hang out with friends.

I do not own a race car, but have close friends that do. I know they give up alittle in life to run their car, but will not give up their lives for their car. I know of others that sink EVERYTHING into their car, to then see it blow up - that stinks in my opinion.

Good luck to all on the track this year.

If your car starts, you have half the battle completed...

I See It As, If I Can Bring It Home In One Piece With Nothing Tore Up Ive Alwready Won No Matter What Place I Got In The Race!

Back