What would you do?

Hornet21

A scenario for which I would like some input:
Tri-City’s 4-cylinder feature (8/19) – I was starting inside 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] row (21C). As the field took off, the pole sitter was having issues getting going, bunching up the inside lane. I had no room right, so I chose to pass left just short of turn 1…as the pole sitter decided to turn left into the infield. We rubbed as I turned hard into the infield to avoid heavy contact. At that point, I hesitated, looked back at the light and no caution. I then pulled back onto the track with the entire field a full straightaway ahead of me. Of course, the feature ran caution-free, but I did manage to drive mad back to 7[SUP]th[/SUP]. I never liked it when drivers would pull back onto the track and stop, intentionally bringing out a caution, but that would have allowed me to start at the back of the pack with the field directly in front of me. What would you do? Thanks.

At Tri-City, causing an intentional yellow in that scenario would have gotten you disqualified. It is in their rules.

Jimmy, Understood. I also thought about tearing thru the infield and coming out the other side, but I also thought about people standing in the infield, especially people who take pictures that I buy. That one would have made a good 8 x 10 for me. LOL The answer may be "tough luck and move on".

Debris and kill switch. I like both ideas. I know the debris tactic is used in nascar. I think I'll chalk it up to bad luck and look forward to next week. It sure did pizz me off friday night though.

Given the rules you did the correct thing. However since they never seem to enforce that rule and it was the start of the race you probably should have drawn a discreet yellow. JMO

Given the rules you did the correct thing. However since they never seem to enforce that rule and it was the start of the race you probably should have drawn a discreet yellow. JMO
I agree. ****s.......ruined a good start for you.

Ive been in your shoes. At Godfrey one night......we went 3 wide. Car on the outside started spinning...i was the middle man and ducked low. Guy on my left quarter spun me. I sat there for a couple of seconds thinking the yellow might come out and we'd do that again. but it didnt and i pulled out on the track.......1/2 lap down.

Back