What would you do???

HMRT MotorSports

Late Models & 1/4 Midgets
my freind wanted me to store his BIG tool box and tools,,,so i did ,,,i lent him some money,,and now i have not seen him for a year,,his # has changed and he has moved,,and i cant get intouch with him,,i told another freind to tell him if he seen him to come get his tools and give me my cash and that freind told him 3 weeks ago and i have not herd from this guy yet,,,what would you do??

Use the tools if you need to. Write the money off, as long as it isnt serious cash, like over a couple hundred bucks. If you see him, try and get your cash and give him his tools back. Other than that, let it go, chalk it up to experience.

Sorry to hear this happened, Mike! If it were me, I'd just hold onto the tools and use them at my leisure. You've tried to get in touch with him to no avail. Sounds like you've done what you could. Toolbox included huh? Unless it was a rather substantial amount of money you loaned him, you may have made out better in this deal...

Just my thoughts...
Tracy

I would try one more time to get ahold of him, if unreachable then it sounds like a purchase to me. You gave him cash, he gave you tools. If the tools and box are worth more then the money you gave him then it was a pretty good deal if the tools are a needed item, if not needed I would sell them.

Sell the tools if you don't want them, sounds like they're yours since you gave him the cash. I had something similar happen with an old Harley approx. 5 yrs ago, I still got the bike...........

sell the tools for the amount that he owes you. tell the same friend if he doesn't pick up the tool and give you your money then you are going to sell the tools.

Sounds like the guy isn't really interested in getting his tools back, or doesn't have the money owed to you and is avoiding you. In either case, he has abandoned them long enough that I would consider them your property and do with them as you wish.

Lol well the tools and box are well above 1000% of what i loaned the guy,,,,he loaned me 200 buck about 3 weeks before,,and was on me like flies on **** for a week to get that back to him,,,and when i lent him the cash that i did,,,hes gone,,but i do have his tools,,and will keep them,,,If your out THERE MARK ,,,you know who you are and have one week to get them and give me the cash,,or i will keep the tools!!!!

Ok. A rethink.

Recon.
Airstrike.
Ground assault.

The good old American way of settling scores, just like the Duke would do it, only with more sophisticated weaponry.:D

Good Idea,,i have a super nutron tazer fazer bomb that would work great,,lol never thought i would have a reason to use it,,,lol

Hey man, you promised to use the super nutron tazer fazer bomb next 4th of July! I was lookin' forward to it too! :p ;)

Mark used to be a good guy to have around the shop! What the h-e-double hockey sticks happened to that boy? :confused:

can i borrow that super neutron fazer? i only need it for a little while. gotta fry up some cheeseburgers in a BIG hurry. better get 'em before word travels south!!!!

Back