Whats more important to you???

JEracersdad

MEMBER THE TIME WHEN I...
Remeber when I was young and watched Petty and them guys run, never new what points were....but always new who won.
So... Whats more important to you?....WINS or POINTS ?!!!!

Trying to decide if to keep running where we are but missed 3 races for wins, or start fresh points racing at new track. :confused:

I think it depends. Is there a pay out at the end of the year at the new track? If not then I would go for wins. If yes then you want points.

I would like to note that Highland can only make your son a better driver. The track is the toughest and has the most competition out of any track I have been to. Like I tell my son and the other guys that run with me; If you can win at Highland you can win anywhere.

Depends...

I think the more wins you have and the various tracks you win at shows skill... but like Danno said if there's a good pay out at the new track for points it may be worth it. but it's all for fun no matter what.

I think it depends. Is there a pay out at the end of the year at the new track? If not then I would go for wins. If yes then you want points.
Winning isn't everything, IT'S THE ONLY THING!!! Anybody can race for points, get in the middle and follow all night. If you can tell me you get the same rush, finishing second, as you getcarrying that checkered around after winning. Then take your car to route 15, or better yet park it and leave it in the garage.
If running for points, hope you enjoy running those semis every week. A favorite saing I've heard after the races, which says it all, finishing second simply means your first LOSER!!

Winning isn't everything, IT'S THE ONLY THING!!! Anybody can race for points, get in the middle and follow all night. If you can tell me you get the same rush, finishing second, as you getcarrying that checkered around after winning. Then take your car to route 15, or better yet park it and leave it in the garage.
If running for points, hope you enjoy running those semis every week. A favorite saing I've heard after the races, which says it all, finishing second simply means your first LOSER!!

I can see where you are coming from. I use to run SCCA and there was points and trophies (no payout) but what I got from it was natural high of the addrenal rush. I would love to go out there and win. Hell ya no doubt about it. I am jsut starting this year and have made some choices and understanding that I race at one of the toughest tracks. I have asked the vets for advice and help. I have taken their advice to heart and think about it everytime I am on the track. Hell I just dropped money after someone asked how I ran and I told them that the car turns now, has great speed but a spin comming out of the turns. The gave me two suggestions ease into the throttle and try a different set of tires. I have been easing so now comes tires. I am rookie and am really not looking to win my first year. I am going to try like hell don't get me wrong but I want to have fun. Racing is my drug of choice!!!!

Sorry to steal the thread!!!

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone. :)
Ultimately I'll leave it up to Jon what he would rather do, I guess.
I have seen his big smile after just a consi or heat win though, and can tell he enjoyed that way more than a top 5 feature finish. So, I know those wins mean alot more than a solid points night. And I remeber when he was kart racing, feeling tied to that one track week in week out, when you really wanted to do something else.
We've sure had good competition at Highland, and great car count. Not to mention a nice track and good people. If we decide on Clay Co. maybe we could squeeze in some Tricities on Fri. or something just for fun...IDK
Thanks again, Mike E.

Back