What's up @ Godfrey???

FAN OF 43

"UnderDog"
I don't normally go to Godfrey so I shouldn't really say anything but.....what was going on? I can understand them wanting to qualify the mods and lms but you need to start earlier. It was funny, about halfway through a buddy said to me "its getting late they should just go by the pill draw". A few cars later the timer broke and they lined the mods up by pill draw.
The show was really dragging and then we realized why. They were running 2-3 laps under caution. They sometimes ran 3-4 more if someone went off the track to change a tire. Why were they waiting for these people?
Another thing we noticed, in the b-mod feature there was an accident in turn1. The driver of 67 got out of his car and went after the other driver. he swung at him and grabbed him (spinning him around). After they seperated the cars, he got back in and continued to race. What's up with that? Get out of your car to fight and they let you get back in and race??? What message was sent with that?
And lastly, in reguards to the payout. We waited a good half hour after the last race for the check. Here's an idea...have the check already written out so all you have to do is put a name on them. It might hurry up the process.
All that being said, the track, which was wet and sloppy early, turned out pretty good for the features. People could run the top and the bottom if they wanted.

Mike

Hate to be so obvious, but it WAS the first night and just maybe they weren't into the swing of things yet. Give it a couple weeks and I'm sure it will go more smoothly. Shoot, after a long winter, I was just happy to see some racing!

First the good- lots of cars, very racy track and most of the big local names were there in the Late Models. The Sportsman class was very competitive too, and it was good to see so many cars.

Now, the areas for improvement- getting started on time would be a great help. I'll cut them some slack since it had rained heavily the night before, but there needs to be a way to get the show started sooner.

Time trials for the modifieds is a waste. I don't much care for timing anyone at a weekly show, but I can deal with Late Models on the clock.

Speaking of on the clock, it's a good thing the modifieds are on the timer during the main event, because for whatever reason, they just can't seem to finish 20 laps. 22 cars is way too many to start. Try 14 or 16 and they might be able to put some laps together.

The incident in the B-Mods was uncalled for. My scanner caught a little of the conversation and the officials really dropped the ball on that one. I thought you were done if you broke your belts. Mark Leuck did the same thing in the A-Mods. Maybe I'm confusing that rule with another track, but it's a good one and cuts out alot of wasted time.

Lastly, the P.A. It was nice and clear, but not as loud as it needs to be. Some buddies of mine said the speakers in the pits weren't even working. Maybe that was a contributing factor in some of the delays, now that I think about it. There were a few times the cars for the next event were not staged.

All in all, I had a good time, but as usual, the Modifieds were a big buzzkiller. Please do something about them.

Back